• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

Len

Len
1/11/23
What issues are you speaking of?
There was a long thread concerning problems with too much grease on the clean gmt bezel, the need to open in, clean in and perhaps replace a piece to make it work better. Most the thread was prior to 2022, so it may be fixed now. But I’m just asking if anyone has bezel issues with the clean gmt superclones? Particularly the Batman, which I ordered.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
They are fine. People expect submariner like click, and it’s a completely different mechanism.

It’s 24 lumps with little prongs riding them like a car over rolling hills.

The 120 sub CLICKs are sharp, and meant to be.

The bezel “feel” of a rep gmt is fine. You are focusing on the wrong stuff and believing those that don’t understand how it moves.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Does that mean I should not get the Batman gmt II with DD from Clean? Is there a better one? How bad is the bezel click?
on the new CF the problem seems to be different, some are experiencing problems with the paint

• Wow
Reactions: mcboom

Le_Connoisseur

GEN & REP collector
Patron
Certified
8/2/16
EU
Update with AliExpress click spring and problem is solved ! I’ve got one to sell if somebody interested !

Reactions: mcboom

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Complaining about "click":

GMT clicks different then Submariner. But what Clean produces here is really something non genspec. Its wobbly, backplayish, and greasy. There is a sticky thread which describes the problems.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Complaining about "click":

GMT clicks different then Submariner. But what Clean produces here is really something non genspec. Its wobbly, backplayish, and greasy. There is a sticky thread which describes the problems.
It is highly variable example to example. I have had one that was horrendous, one that was stiff, but OK once cleaned out, and one that clicks perfectly like the real deal.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
It is highly variable example to example. I have had one that was horrendous, one that was stiff, but OK once cleaned out, and one that clicks perfectly like the real deal.
Best one i had ever was "VSF" bought from trusty. The older clean cases from the 3186 movements, but bezel not genlike built, more with springs/balld like a submariner (but 24 holes in bezel like sub). Better then gen for me:)