• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
What power reserve is everyone getting here? Mine arrived a few days ago and it's been discharging after only about 18 hrs... (yes, have confirmed the movement is a DD3285)
Update because now selling watch and some people have asked about this! Power reserve normal - watch was just not fully wound... Yes, I'm an idiot!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Did CF fix the DD3285 thick date font yet?
TheRealWorld.jpg

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Ah! That's a screenshot from Transporter 2 right,? Loved that movie!

AlicW

Supporter
Certified
8/12/22
UK
I got a DD3285 in a Clean GMT Master II from Trusty about 10 days ago. It has been getting steadily slower over the 10 days until it was losing about a minute a day. Today I opened the case back and on first touching the regulating arm the hair spring has completely detached and looks bent. Hopefully I can get a replacement balance wheel assembly to install

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Wow,I'm surprised you got your Clean GMT so fast but maybe they are in such a rush to fill orders that they might be making mistakes assembling the movements now

Hope you get it sorted out and I certainly hope GMTs that are being assembled for future release don't have this problem.

AlicW

Supporter
Certified
8/12/22
UK
Wow,I'm surprised you got your Clean GMT so fast but maybe they are in such a rush to fill orders that they might be making mistakes assembling the movements now

Hope you get it sorted out and I certainly hope GMTs that are being assembled for future release don't have this problem.
I waited from Christmas for it so was about 10 weeks for delivery, bit of a bitter pill that it’s not working now. Hopefully will get it sorted soon tho 👍

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I waited from Christmas for it so was about 10 weeks for delivery, bit of a bitter pill that it’s not working now. Hopefully will get it sorted soon tho 👍
Oh okay, it wasn't super fast then I'm in a similar boat,one of my gens broke 2 months after getting it serviced. I'm headed back to the shop tomorrow to drop it off

AlicW

Supporter
Certified
8/12/22
UK
Oh okay, it wasn't super fast then I'm in a similar boat,one of my gens broke 2 months after getting it serviced. I'm headed back to the shop tomorrow to drop it off
Yeah these things happen, I’m ok with it as long as there is a reasonable way to fix it

b1gg3d

Looking Around
25/4/24
Could anyone please help me. I’ve just received my GMT today. Supposedly a clean 3285. I was expecting a DD3285 movement however it looks more like a vr3185 branded as a 3285. Is this a new clean moment or have I been missold.

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
Could anyone please help me. I’ve just received my GMT today. Supposedly a clean 3285. I was expecting a DD3285 movement however it looks more like a vr3185 branded as a 3285. Is this a new clean moment or have I been missold.
this is incorrect movement

Kkt1dS.jpeg

KktyOW.jpeg

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Indeed. That’s not a DD3285. That’s a vr3186 with “3285” engraved on it. The vr3186 isn’t a bad movement, but if your seller claimed it was a dd3285 then they lied to you. If this was purchased from a TD or in the m2m here, then you should contact the staff to resolve the issue. If you bought this watch elsewhere, then consider yourself lucky that a watch arrived at all and that it doesn’t have a time bomb movement inside.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
this is incorrect movement

Kkt1dS.jpeg

KktyOW.jpeg
That looks like a DD3285 but the pictures don’t show what caliber number is engraved on it (the number is obscured by the rotor in both pictures). It could be a VS3235.

b1gg3d

Looking Around
25/4/24
Indeed. That’s not a DD3285. That’s a vr3186 with “3285” engraved on it. The vr3186 isn’t a bad movement, but if your seller claimed it was a dd3285 then they lied to you. If this was purchased from a TD or in the m2m here, then you should contact the staff to resolve the issue. If you bought this watch elsewhere, then consider yourself lucky that a watch arrived at all and that it doesn’t have a time bomb movement inside.
Thanks. For all the replies. I was silly to not buy from a TD. I purchased before I found this page. Paid £430 that included shipping from DHgate. Like you said I’m glad I received something that’s decent.

• Wow
Reactions: mcboom