• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Released Clean 3285 Movement(from Dandong) Compared With GEN and Shanghai 3285 Movement

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
Hello everybody

I’m back with the fresh new released Clean 3285 movement(from Dandong) compared with GEN and Shanghai 3285 movement.

This timhe power reserve of Shanghai movement is 40 hours. However, we couldn’t know the exact duration of Shanghai movement due to our hasty time . I hope it can also be stable, so that our clients would have more choices.

2. Most of Gee, we disassembled all the movement parts and took pictures in details, and we found some differences following below.

1. The power reserve of genuine movement and clean 3285 movement is about 70 hours, and tnuine and Clean 3285 movement parts can be exchanged with each other. The Shanghai movement uses 3135 as a base to modify it into a 3285 movement, not a 1:1 clone movement. So the movement parts can be very different, such as the craft, size, and the precision of it.

3. The Clean 3285 movement is based on the Dandong 3235 movement added with the GMT module, so there is no doubt that the stability and power reserve would be as good as always. I'm sure it will work perfectly.

4. According to Clean factory, the Dandong 3285 movement will be exclusively provided by them.

During the disassembling, I can really feel the quality between these two movements. The Shanghai movements will also take part in the rep market. Because they’ve published them for a much longer time.

If there are other factories that can offer better accessories, people who don’t really care about power reserve will also purchase their products. As I know, Clean 3285 movement itself would be about 50 dollars more expensive than other factories’, and you can already see the differences here.

We will always do more dismantling and comparing posts in the future, as well as the comparison of popular watches. And we will try our best to bring a better shopping experience to our customers.

[/url]

[url=https://clickpix.org/image/110-Train-Wheel-bridge.3iBWHj]

Last edited:

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
This is Clean GMT-Ⅱwith bran new 3285 movement, they have fixed the jumping hands when adjusting. Also the video of dismantling this movement will be sent here in few days, don’t forget to come back~

[edit]
I made to re-photograph the following pictures

Last edited:

Rman

Rep Hobbyist
Supporter
28/6/22
Toronto
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under

I notice that the hands become misaligned in the video when adjusting the time, but seem to fix themselves. Interesting

My VR3186 also did this when rotating the crown counter clockwise in position 3

Reactions: Mustang2022

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Really outstanding services, much appreciated!

CLEAN 3285 is clearly superior in so many ways. No contest.
So here we are talking about the same 3285 clone than the one inside the newly released C+F series, right ?

Asking because in another post, C+F is noted to house the Shanghai 3285, and I thought that the Dandong 3285 was only going to come with the upcoming VSF GMT release ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Clarkent

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
Great post and thanks for this level of detail. It’s a shame that the Clean 3285 has missed the engine turned effect on some of the parts such as the Barrel and Train Wheel Bridges but the ability to interchange with gen parts is a definite plus.

Hugg727

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
15/2/23
NJ,USA
Question for those who are far more knowledgeable about rep movements than I.

If you had an order for a CF VR 3186 Batman and you just got your QC pics last night, would you change your order to the newer DD3285? QC looks very good and would be an easy GL.

Asking for a friend.........;)

Last edited:

rsx1988

18/5/20
Question for those who are far more knowledgeable about rep movements than I.

If you had an order for a CF VR 3186 Batman and you just got your QC pics last night, would you change your order to the newer DD3285? QC looks very good and would be an easy GL.

Asking for a friend.........;)
Actually, I would try with the new movement. Hard to say how reliable it is but the photos above look promising

rsx1988

18/5/20
So here we are talking about the same 3285 clone than the one inside the newly released C+F series, right ?

Asking because in another post, C+F is noted to house the Shanghai 3285, and I thought that the Dandong 3285 was only going to come with the upcoming VSF GMT release ?
Not really. Ther's another new 3285 on the market with 40h power reserve. It seams like the one from Clean is on a different level.

Reactions: CTime

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Besides the obvious lack of a free sprung balance (that no clone movement has), an easy "tell" is the escape wheel an pallet fork, which require a loupe and a very close inspection, so maybe it's not so easy. This looks like a great movement and a perfect base for building a hybrid with gen parts.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

From the original post

"According to Clean factory, the Dandong 3285 movement will be exclusively provided by them." Maybe CLEAN offered Dandong big bucks for exclusive rights like Noob had on the SA4130.

Hard to say whether C+ is really a CLEAN partner and what they will eventually end up offering. After seeing these pics I wouldn't buy an SH3285, why would anyone?

An easy ID for the DD3285 is the absence of the fake free sprung balance arm. This is such a welcome feature as that decoration is not only totally useless and doesn't fool anyone but it also forces the regulation arms to the far side of the balance. As was done on the VS3235, Dandong did the common sense smart thing here.

3ivqob.jpg

@CTime can you elaborate on what movement C+ will have - are they a partner to CLEAN and eligible for the DD3285?

Last edited: