• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Just a further point, while the bezels look a bit thick, they seem to be the right size. The rehaut however is a bit deeper and the dial on the rep is about a mm or so smaller in diameter than gen, which makes the bezels look bigger.
This makes sense. I was wondering why the dial looks small or if the bezel is too thick.
I think the sub dials are also closer together by a fraction compared to gen because of the movement.
Bezel (from the inner side to the beginning of the phase)
BBR 3,9mm
APS 3,4mm

Xtal
BBR 31,1mm
APS 31,9mm
I wonder, what if we get a modder to thin out the 0.5mm off the bezel? Would that fix it or is the dial still too small in reality?

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
Has there been a tear down of this movement? Like has anyone sent it in for service (maybe done it themselves?) and got pics of the disassembly? Any concerns to the movement quality itself?

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
I have seen 2 more of these were certain sub dial hands have fallen off. Not sure if it's poor assembly or incorrect parts. Anyone else seen this?

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
With all the issues of the BBR popping up, seems like the APS is still the one to go for, in terms of a safer bet. And if the rumor mill for this year is correct and APS manages to put together the chrono module to the clone movement, it will open up a lot more possibilities.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
With all the issues of the BBR popping up, seems like the APS is still the one to go for, in terms of a safer bet.
You can´t compare the BBR with the "regular" ICHS-APS. The BBR has the correct hand stack and genlike functions. The CHS APS however is also worse in technical tems and afaik nearly impossible to get.
And from what issues are you talking? If you play "decathlon" with the pushers, many watches will get damaged ;-)

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
If you play "decathlon" with the pushers
Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

• Love
Reactions: JayBee0815

Reaps

-
25/9/22
My BBR is running strong still after a month. Like Jaybee said, click the pushers slow and steady - and only turn the week indicator forward never backwards

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
You can´t compare the BBR with the "regular" ICHS-APS. The BBR has the correct hand stack and genlike functions. The CHS APS however is also worse in technical tems and afaik nearly impossible to get.
And from what issues are you talking? If you play "decathlon" with the pushers, many watches will get damaged ;-)
As someone who owns a few calendar/moonphase Patek reps, I equally agree how important it is to take your time with button presses. I personally push in with very minimal force until the button shift while maintaining consistent soft pressure until the flip over and even then I gently depress the button so that way the disc centers, and everything is aligned and I don't have issues like above guy who's pusher flew out.

People now a days are so used to being rough on their electronics, and have honestly made us a clumsy people who has absolutely no soft touch and can't understand the concept that tiny mechanical springs and gears , THEY MIGHT NOT LIKE TO BE ABUSED 😆😆

Anywho, I'm sure the watch is quality if you treat it like a mechanic watch and not a person trying to take your butt (stab them very fast not ur watch) I'm only joking lol.

This is definitely on my 2024 buy list:)

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
As someone who owns a few calendar/moonphase Patek reps, I equally agree how important it is to take your time with button presses. I personally push in with very minimal force until the button shift while maintaining consistent soft pressure until the flip over and even then I gently depress the button so that way the disc centers, and everything is aligned and I don't have issues like above guy who's pusher flew out.

People now a days are so used to being rough on their electronics, and have honestly made us a clumsy people who has absolutely no soft touch and can't understand the concept that tiny mechanical springs and gears , THEY MIGHT NOT LIKE TO BE ABUSED 😆😆

Anywho, I'm sure the watch is quality if you treat it like a mechanic watch and not a person trying to take your butt (stab them very fast not ur watch) I'm only joking lol.

This is definitely on my 2024 buy list:)
I see, so you like fast butt stabby stabby…
You should talk to g00n. Perfect combo you both

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
can you try rapidly pushing the buttons to see if your sub hands would fall off?
Lol. And if anyone wants me to go scuba diving with the watch to test for waterproofness, let me know.

Looking forward to checking out this rep. It looks nice, but there are some obvious tells: The sundials have a stainless steel outline whereas the gen is the same green color as the rest of the dial. On the back, the green dial model is supposed have "limited edition of 50" or something like that inscribed. The rep doesn't have that and keeps the same case back as the other models. Hard to tell from the pictures, but the deco plates might be a but misaligned. In any case, I like the green dial model, but some of the other versions of this watch may be closer to gen.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Lol. And if anyone wants me to go scuba diving with the watch to test for waterproofness, let me know.

Looking forward to checking out this rep. It looks nice, but there are some obvious tells: The sundials have a stainless steel outline whereas the gen is the same green color as the rest of the dial. On the back, the green dial model is supposed have "limited edition of 50" or something like that inscribed. The rep doesn't have that and keeps the same case back as the other models. Hard to tell from the pictures, but the deco plates might be a but misaligned. In any case, I like the green dial model, but some of the other versions of this watch may be closer to gen.
Just set the time and disregard the rest! Enjoy the watch. It’s a Beautiful piece.

A friend of mine own a rare Patek and when he wears it he doesn’t even set the time as the movement is so complex. Set it incorrectly and it’s service time.

Reactions: Reaps

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
my TD has announced there will be a new perpetual clone coming from a factory soon.
im waiting personally clones only in my collection no 7750 crap.