• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Just the pizza base hands kill me.
Several people have mentioned the pizza base hands, but I'm not sure I'm seeing it.

Here's the gen:

And here's the rep:

Is there that much of a difference in the hand stack?

Reactions: jg3456

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Is there that much of a difference in the hand stack?
There are different opinions about this here in the community. In my humble opinion the hand stack is not such a big problem. Yes, the base is a little bigger than on the Gen (upper pic is BBR, lower is Gen). But that is nothing compared to the ZF 15202 Reps, that made the "Pizza Base" famous. Maybe this is just a psychological effect because the Base of the week hand is quite colourful on some variants? But nevertheless the hand stack is very different from the Gen - look at the pinion for example.
But many of us already said - this is not a Rep that promises to be a Super-Rep. For me personally it´s more a feasibility study of what is possible, if the Chinese try to clone a highly complicated masterpiece from one of the best watchmakers ever. And in my opinion, BBR did a very good job. But of course you can also see it differently. If we are discussing the watch here at the level at which the classic rep models (Royal Oak, Nautilus, Submariner, Daytona) are discussed, it must of course be said that the BBR has a lot of flaws. However, the biggest by far is not the hand stack, but the completely wrong material in most variants.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
There are different opinions about this here in the community. In my humble opinion the hand stack is not such a big problem. Yes, the base is a little bigger than on the Gen (upper pic is BBR, lower is Gen). But that is nothing compared to the ZF 15202 Reps, that made the "Pizza Base" famous. Maybe this is just a psychological effect because the Base of the week hand is quite colourful on some variants? But nevertheless the hand stack is very different from the Gen - look at the pinion for example.
But many of us already said - this is not a Rep that promises to be a Super-Rep. For me personally it´s more a feasibility study of what is possible, if the Chinese try to clone a highly complicated masterpiece from one of the best watchmakers ever. And in my opinion, BBR did a very good job. But of course you can also see it differently. If we are discussing the watch here at the level at which the classic rep models (Royal Oak, Nautilus, Submariner, Daytona) are discussed, it must of course be said that the BBR has a lot of flaws. However, the biggest by far is not the hand stack, but the completely wrong material in most variants.
I don't see how this pizza hand stuff is such a big flaw that's deserving of a whining contest from people.

Watch looks good and based on what you told me, it's already better than an APSF version.

Reactions: JayBee0815

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA

My gold one arrived today. When I made my way to the week change pusher, the damn thing came out spring and all after just one push. I managed to get it back inside and I think it’s only 90% secure, but it’s not falling out and I can use the pusher tool and it works fine now. Just lots of QC issues it seems with these early releases.

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
My gold one arrived today. When I made my way to the week change pusher, the damn thing came out spring and all after just one push. I managed to get it back inside and I think it’s only 90% secure, but it’s not falling out and I can use the pusher tool and it works fine now. Just lots of QC issues it seems with these early releases.

Damn bro I was happy for you to have gotten two of them, but now not sure if it is bad luck for you or the watches themselves have general QC problems.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh

Do you know how much these weigh?
I remember a while back holding my buddy's RO QP in Steel and my impression was that it's kinda heavy, almost like a gold watch on leather heavy.

akbishai

Horology Curious
10/2/23
U.S.
Damn bro I was happy for you to have gotten two of them, but now not sure if it is bad luck for you or the watches themselves have general QC problems.
Just got the steel blue one after speaking to the OG VenomGT3. Truth be told, just arrived back from a trip where I visited an AP boutique. Took the gamble and wore it, staff were catching flies with the mouth's open when they saw it. Mind you, I collect Gens and have multiple APs from this and one other AP boutique, so their mindset is that they know I collect Gens. I can attest that the piece passes as Gen, BUTTTTT, I would have to say that you have to have the lifestyle that warrants the piece and or history with Gen purchases!!! LONG LIVE THE OG VenomGT3!!!

• Love
Reactions: VenomGT3

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Just got the steel blue one after speaking to the OG VenomGT3. Truth be told, just arrived back from a trip where I visited an AP boutique. Took the gamble and wore it, staff were catching flies with the mouth's open when they saw it. Mind you, I collect Gens and have multiple APs from this and one other AP boutique, so their mindset is that they know I collect Gens. I can attest that the piece passes as Gen, BUTTTTT, I would have to say that you have to have the lifestyle that warrants the piece and or history with Gen purchases!!! LONG LIVE THE OG VenomGT3!!!
Which AD did you go to?

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I ordered the green dial from Puretime. QC is taking a while, but I'll post pics when I get them. Hope no pieces will fall out upon receipt, but this watch will look great when I sport it at McDonald's.

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Can you post pics of the three different dials that you've got in natural light? Just trying to decide which one to get. Thanks.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
  • Wow
Reactions: JayBee0815