• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I just stumbled upon this new release. The pictures are obviously Gens. Here is a translation of the Chinese PR-Text ...

BBR Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar Complication. Model: 26574ST.OO.1220ST.03 The only original function realised in the industry.
Noble Watches The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar, with its noble and elegant blue dial and cool steel case, is a perfect example of Audemars Piguet's aesthetic design and the extreme technicality of its complications.
The case is made of 316L stainless steel with a diameter of 41 mm and a thickness of 11.4 mm. The blue dial is engraved with the "Grande Tapisserie" pattern, with a blue dial, three-dimensional hour-markers and faceted hands with luminescent coating. The three sub-dials for the calendar function and the moon phase discs are symmetrically arranged on the dial, displaying the hours, minutes, days of the week, date, weekly calendar, month, moon phase and leap year in a well-organised manner. A truly unique pair of dials. Sapphire anti-glare treatment makes the overall watch more transparent and bright.
Powered by a 9015 one-to-one modified custom restored Calibre 5134 self-winding movement. A graduate product.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I’m a sucker and ordered the yellow gold blue dial

Reactions: Empereur

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
product pictures on biao (not a TD). The handstack… looks HUGE! The week hand seems to be a gmt hand as placed at the bottom

Yep, looks like the modified APS with CHS. That´s great. I have the black platinum version of this watch and it is really great. Unfortunately it was very expensive and hard to get. The first prices from Non-TDs indicate, that the BBR will be priced much lower ... but also not cheap ;-)

I think it's the same APS movement.

But this is the one I'm picking up soon.
Mee too ;-)
I just for some infos concerning the movement and the functions.

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
product pictures on biao (not a TD). The handstack… looks HUGE! The week hand seems to be a gmt hand as placed at the bottom

I also had a look at the photos and it seems the hand doesn't match GMT time, or act like a second hand. I am very interested to see if it is a week hand.

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
I also had a look at the photos and it seems the hand doesn't match GMT time, or act like a second hand. I am very interested to see if it is a week hand.
Sorry my mistake, it looks like GMT hand.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I will not speak to conjecture but I think it is a GMT hand. Three dealers have said so. But I wonder how stable it is.
I think so too. Especially if the movement is either modeled on that of APS or is even the same movement. A week complication in a Rep-movement would be a sensation. Personally, I think it would be better if the GMT functions had been left out and the week hand could be set manually using a pusher. But even that would probably be too much effort in terms of design.

As an owner of the APS version, I can't say anything negative about the stability so far.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I think so too. Especially if the movement is either modeled on that of APS or is even the same movement. A week complication in a Rep-movement would be a sensation. Personally, I think it would be better if the GMT functions had been left out and the week hand could be set manually using a pusher. But even that would probably be too much effort in terms of design.

As an owner of the APS version, I can't say anything negative about the stability so far.
the APS with the seconds hand as a week hand is stable.

But the last time we had this CHS GMT it was a mess lol

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I have the CHS-Version. But of course you can't draw conclusions from one watch to all ;-)
MY APS the week hand is a GMT there was a small batch made if i remember correctly
i am looking forward to the yellow gold i ordered for me its different AP than my others.

the blue dial looks nice as well and tempting but i will wait and see BBR quality from what i read they do a good job with the RM

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
MY APS the week hand is a GMT there was a small batch made if i remember correctly
Yes, it was very hard to get one. It took me four dealers and more than two months. But that's not the point. Since it was indeed only a very small batch, at least I am not aware of any reports on the reliability of the GMT mod.

I, too, am very much looking forward to the first photos and reports on the BBR and will certainly order the blue one first if I don't get any negative information by then.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I have video of it working. The month and leap year are manual. Year moonphase and date is automatic. Not sure about the week indicator if it is automatic but it functions actually as a week indicator, it changes by adjusting in 2nd position

If you want the video let me get home first. I will also upload images of each model.

• Love
Reactions: JayBee0815

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I
I have video of it working. The month and leap year are manual. Year moonphase and date is automatic. Not sure about the week indicator if it is automatic but it functions actually as a week indicator, it changes by adjusting in 2nd position

If you want the video let me get home first. I will also upload images of each model.
Should clarify

The weekday. indicator is automatic, so is the date (numbers), moonphase is automatic

The leap year and month only move with pushers, so manual.

The week (52 week hand), I'm not sure if it will automatically flip. I think not. It is a GMT module. I think it is manual.

You adjust the 52 week hand by pulling the crown out to the 2nd winding position, and it looks kinda like a GMT jump hour function.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
The week (52 week hand), I'm not sure if it will automatically flip. I think not. It is a GMT module. I think it is manual.

You adjust the 52 week hand by pulling the crown out to the 2nd winding position, and it looks kinda like a GMT jump hour function.
That would be a difference to the APS-Mod. On the APS you can´t adjust the "week" (GMT) at all. The second position at the crown is without function.