• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

Reaps

-
25/9/22
1. What is the ultimate opinion ? Success ?
2. What colors look the best ?
Just buy it if you like it. No perpetual calendar will ever be repped well, let alone one that's under 10mm.

I already provided all the photos and videos I could. It's up to you to evaluate.

And if you mean, which color looks most like to gen, none of them do, maybe black and grey, that's about it.

Just treat the watch like a toy/homage. It's a very good looking watch that's 70% of the way there and achieves some of the looks of a perpetual calendar.

Imho it's already miles better than the APSF which has the biggest tell of a seconds hand instead of a weeks hand.

The function for me, is not important, I would take stability over anything else. The week hand, month hand being manual is no issue, you only need to set it 12 times a year and at the end of each week. I have a collection so I have to set a watch everytime I wear it anyways.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Imho it's already miles better than the APSF which has the biggest tell of a seconds hand instead of a weeks hand.

I agree with you, but I can't let this sentence stand. You can call me pedantic ;-)
There are two versions of APS. One with a second hand and ICHS. And one with a GMT hand and CHS. The latter is clearly the better one, but also very difficult to find, as it was only sold in very small numbers.
Visually, I like the BBR better and the function of the week hand is also better solved.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I agree with you, but I can't let this sentence stand. You can call me pedantic ;-)
There are two versions of APS. One with a second hand and ICHS. And one with a GMT hand and CHS. The latter is clearly the better one, but also very difficult to find, as it was only sold in very small numbers.
Visually, I like the BBR better and the function of the week hand is also better solved.
I dont consider the CHS Perpetual Calender to be real lmao is a unicorn like a Datograph, i haven't seen any at all, even at dealers, not even pictures lmao

Gabriele75rn

16/8/20

The first thing that seemed wrong to me was the thickness of the rehaut and the off-centre writing (rep below)

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
If I recall, BBR tend to fix flaws or inaccurate stuff pretty fast, don't they?
I'm assuming they'll release a V2 of this QP

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
The first thing that seemed wrong to me was the thickness of the rehaut and the off-centre writing (rep below)

Sorry maybe I'm blind but can you point out where the printing is off-center?

I'm interested in this but would like to know all the flaws.

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
Still waiting for a white ceramic perpetual that doesn't look like my toilet, they got the black ceramic so good, and the white is just terrible

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Still waiting for a white ceramic perpetual that doesn't look like my toilet, they got the black ceramic so good, and the white is just terrible
Hahahaha, the white one does look like toilet white huh? Didn’t think about it that way.

Can you post a photo of your black one? Curious about the skeleton

Reaps

-
25/9/22

Slightly off topic but if they're repping this calender, I wonder if I can get a custom dial like this made... this is my dream AP Perpetual.....

I don't see these watches in the TDs ' website yet.
Give it 1 week and I promise they'll be up.

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
YG Blue dial + Steel peach dial is mine! Can't wait to place my order.

Reactions: JayBee0815

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
We need the black ceramic version

I have the apsf version. One of my fav watches of all time

Reactions: johnlogan