• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
I hope they are making a black ceramic version or white

fletch512

9/5/06

I like this rep a lot. There are some obvious differences from the gen, but considering the cost and rarity, nothing I'm worried about. On the other hand, it's a pretty solidly built watch overall. Everything looks aligned, especially considering how many hands there are pointing to various times, dates, months, etc. Overall, the watch looks luxurious. Even the movement looks refined to the naked eye. The movement is quiet. The various pushers advancing the dates, moon phase, and so so, have a nice solid feel. Oddly, I was perhaps most impressed but he bracelet. On the APSF 15500 I have, the bracelet honestly feels a bit cheap - it's light with rough edges. This BBR bracelet feels much better in hand, and the inner edges feels better polished. Also, the moon phase indicator looks good to the naked eye, and surprisingly the stars have a reflective shimmer like I've seen on gen pics.

The bezel screws needed a bit of tightening (on my 15500 one of the bezel screws simply fell out, so this might be an issue on various AP reps). Otherwise, fingers crossed nothing catastrophic happens anytime soon, with all the moving pieces on this watch. Easily the most impressive rep I've bought in a while.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Is the BBR version available at any of the big TDs like Intime, Chazingtime or Puretime? On their websites they only offer the APSF version.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Is the BBR version available at any of the big TDs like Intime, Chazingtime or Puretime? On their websites they only offer the APSF version.
Should just hit em up and ask

Anidiot I know sells them as well, newer TD, you can give him a shot

fletch512

9/5/06
They should all be able to get them. I bought mine from Puretime, though I have to admit it took a long time for them to source the watch, which I learned is a common concern with this dealer.

giezzo

Getting To Know The Place
11/4/09
Hey Fellas :)

I recently managed to acquire the blue-dial JF version with modded week hand via M2M.
In my somewhat less-than-extremely picky view, this old thing is freaking beautiful and I'm wondering how much better the new BBR version could really be.
I went through every single post on this awesome thread, read Jay's comparison etc. I'm seriously debating about getting another one (Salmon dial perhaps, unless ceramic version is available again?). Any recent updates/version revisions?

Y'all still like your examples?