• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

Cooper627

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/11/22
Ohio, USA
Hi, I'm the friend, (exposed) for reference it was a push, click then full depress, I'm ultimately chalking this up to using the pusher at a much faster rate than ever possibly intended. I will take note over this coming month to see if anything changes. Really a neat piece though

Fixing this is not really an issue (for me at least) as it would be.
If it does happen to you its pretty simple to just unscrew, push back onto the pinion and reclose it up.

Obviously we are in the Rep realm so build quality will never be "up to spec" so to speak so I'm not really mad.

love_in_jumbo

22/7/23
South Korea
Now I had the time to compare the BBR (ice blue) with my old APS CHS (black). To anticipate: The BBR is better in terms of movement and functionality. I'll leave the visual aspects and details to you to judge.
The external dimensions are almost identical. Both are exactly 11.4 mm thick.

Functions: The APS offers hour/minute/day/day of the week/moon phase. The month can be set via the pusher. The week runs as large hours (GMT), but cannot be set separately. The leap year can also be set, but is also adjusted when the month is set. Adjustment via the pusher is generally a little awkward.
The BBR offers hour/minute/day/day of the week/moon phase. The month and leap year can be set via the pushers. The week can be set via Pos 2 of the crown, but does not run with it, so it has to be adjusted every week.

Dial/hand/case: Both are well made. It is noticeable that the bezel on the BBR is thicker and therefore the dial as a whole is slightly smaller than on the APS. This makes the BBR look somewhat stockier. The details (moon disk, hands, Grand Tappiserie) are good on both, but not perfect.

Bracelet: It is noticeable that the phases on the BBR are smaller and more finely finished. From a purely subjective point of view, the strap on the BBR is slightly more finely polished, while the strap on the APS is somewhat sharper. On the other hand, the surface of the APS is more finely polished.

When I compare the two, I come to the conclusion that the BBR is the better watch simply because of its better functions. Subjectively, however, the APS looks slightly better (probably because of the narrower bezel)

But that doesn't matter for the purchase decision, as the CHS APS was only produced in a very small batch anyway and is no longer available

P.s.: This model (Yoshida Platinum, 2nd batch) with the silver subidals is not repped by BBR. The grey/black BBR model is the first Yoshida batch with the black subdials.

p.p.s.: Sorry for the rather bad pictures. I lent my tripod and my big photo light to my son. And shooting macros from the hand with only a small lightbox is not a rewarding job ;-)

Thank you JB , It helped me finalize my option at last.

I will pull my trigger today.

Reactions: JayBee0815

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I’m canceling my order with trusty due to the sub dial issue.
Thanks guys.

monkeypie

9/12/08
I've had the worst luck with APs.

AP with timebomb secs @ 12 unsurprisingly died about two months in.

AP ceramic diver died and sent for repairs. Then the hands fell off.

AP 15400 the hour hand was slightly misaligned a few months later, and the date mechanism stopped working. Then the entire watch

AP 15500 had the hour hand misalignment a few months in, then the date wheel would stick during the last 5 days of the month. Pulling crown out to date change position also got trickier.

I reckon if I got this watch it'd just spontaneously explode.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
by issues are you meaning the hand that has flown off?
Yes, I need working sub dials! With 3 x dead on arrival APS I’m not risking it with BB!

AP 15400 the hour hand was slightly misaligned a few months later, and the date mechanism stopped working. Then the entire watch

AP 15500 had the hour hand misalignment a few months in, then the date wheel would stick during the last 5 days of the month. Pulling crown out to date change position also got trickier.

Same here!
All my AP was dead on arrival.
One was taken to a local watchsmith and he destroyed the movement!

Two was sent back to China for repair. One arrived safely the other is lost in the mail.

The last one was returned in working order… so far!

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Yes, I need working sub dials! With 3 x dead on arrival APS I’m not risking it with BB!

Same here!
All my AP was dead on arrival.
One was taken to a local watchsmith and he destroyed the movement!

Two was sent back to China for repair. One arrived safely the other is lost in the mail.

The last one was returned in working order… so far!
You really have had a lot of bad luck. Of my approx. 15 APS, there were only problems with one. The rest are running perfectly.

• Love
Reactions: johnlogan

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

If you like AP reps you need to live with the issues associated with the various reps.

A7750 sec@12 movements are not the most reliable. @TESLA760 ’s watches are exceptions and he makes guys feel bad with his statements about how reliable his watches are. He’s not lying but ignore him. 🤣

The clone 4302 are good but they should be properly serviced and parts aligned and secured well. The datewheel is also sometimes too thick in some sections and the stuck dw issue is a known one. Same goes for the 3120 clone movements except that the datewheel does seem to be better in terms of construction.
Then you get the general issues of rotors and screws and hands not secured well and hairspring tanglements on both the miyota and 3120 movements, as well as misaligned markers and logos on dials. The list goes on.
Most of these issues can be addressed by modders though. If you want to enjoy AP reps then handling these issues are part and parcel of the game.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Can you try to rapid click the buttons see if the tiny hands fall off?

H08GhL.jpeg

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Stunning @Reaps - Is the "week dial" on the BBR adjustable or is it fixed like other releases.