• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Release: BBR Perpetual Calendar

VenomGT3

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/22
USA

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh

love_in_jumbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/23
South Korea
I agree with you, but I can't let this sentence stand. You can call me pedantic ;-)
There are two versions of APS. One with a second hand and ICHS. And one with a GMT hand and CHS. The latter is clearly the better one, but also very difficult to find, as it was only sold in very small numbers.
Visually, I like the BBR better and the function of the week hand is also better solved.
Hi Jay, I have been hesitating to pulling my trigger on CHS APS, Now I see this BBR, I brain is melting.

It seems like you are almost the only one on this planet that specifically has both watches.

What is your opinion between those two.

It seemed like bbr has thicker rehaut and thicker case and bigger hand base but has finally working week hands.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Hi Jay, I have been hesitating to pulling my trigger on CHS APS, Now I see this BBR, I brain is melting.

It seems like you are almost the only one on this planet that specifically has both watches.

What is your opinion between those two.

It seemed like bbr has thicker rehaut and thicker case and bigger hand base but has finally working week hands.
My BBR is still on the way from China. When it arrives I will a comparison

Reactions: love_in_jumbo

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Looks good :) oh well it will be expensive new year I need it not sure yet black or grey

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I’ll prolly post a wtt thread for a blue steel with my APS 15510 RG blue leather if I decide to get this QP

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Definitely a lot of buzz being created about this watch.

Quick question: which dial color is actually correct for a steal watch? The blue dial seems to be correct, though with the current pics it's hard to tell how close that color is to gen. Light blue is supposed to go with platinum case. Venom's grey/red China limited edition dial is supposed to go with a titanium case. The salmon Japanese limited edition dial is supposed to be titanium. I've only been able to find one instance of the grey dial/silver week hand and steel case online, so not sure if AP made that combo or not. The green dial/yellow week hand limited edition seems to be correct for a steel model.

Does that seem right?

monkeypie

9/12/08
Definitely a lot of buzz being created about this watch.

Quick question: which dial color is actually correct for a steal watch? The blue dial seems to be correct, though with the current pics it's hard to tell how close that color is to gen. Light blue is supposed to go with platinum case. Venom's grey/red China limited edition dial is supposed to go with a titanium case. The salmon Japanese limited edition dial is supposed to be titanium. I've only been able to find one instance of the grey dial/silver week hand and steel case online, so not sure if AP made that combo or not. The green dial/yellow week hand limited edition seems to be correct for a steel model.

Does that seem right?

I think so. I won't delve too far into how correct the shades of color they are.

Steel: the 'light blue' we are offered is supposed to be the default - it looks too bright in photos, but I've seen some videos where it is more subdued. The green one is the Hong Kong edition. Teal is the UAE edition.

Platinum: Salmon is a "Japan edition" then later sold worldwide. Of course the light blue one (which I think looks great).

Titanium: The grey dials with the white hand (Japan edition I think) and red hand as China edition. The dark blue dial with black subdials.

monkeypie

9/12/08
Just a further point, while the bezels look a bit thick, they seem to be the right size. The rehaut however is a bit deeper and the dial on the rep is about a mm or so smaller in diameter than gen, which makes the bezels look bigger.

Reactions: Cheesegrater

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Ok, I just received mine yesterday and got a chance to set it and my first impression is the build is better than APSF stainless steel. The movement is smoother to set and seems "better" for some reason. the week handsets as intended but not real since you need to adjust daily. I am unsure about the other functions until I wear the watch for a few days.
I may get the stainless steel light blue dial next i like this watch.