• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
Agree that v2s looks best, but on some close up shots from other members the platinum fill looks rough as a badgers

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
My new CF just arrived. I am quite happy with the watch and the new bezel insert. Also lights up completely red under UV light... only thing that is bugging me, is the magnification of the lens being too high (see pics next to my gen gmt). Does the crystal sit too high due to a too thick crystal gasket or is it the crystal itself? If it's not the crystal itself, might it be possible to sand down the gasket or does anyone know where to get one that will fix this issue?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
My new CF just arrived. I am quite happy with the watch and the new bezel insert. Also lights up completely red under UV light... only thing that is bugging me, is the magnification of the lens being too high (see pics next to my gen gmt). Does the crystal sit too high due to a too thick crystal gasket or is it the crystal itself? If it's not the crystal itself, might it be possible to sand down the gasket or does anyone know where to get one that will fix this issue?
It appears to me only the blue portion glows red.

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14

I have a gen Sub and DJ and have compared both date windows endlessly with the GMT. I believe it's common knowledge that CF date window is slightly more magnified than a Gen, but I'm also pretty sure the fonts are bigger. If you look at the white space around the font itself you'll notice there's more white space around a Gen and less white space around the CF, magnification alone won't have that affect.

DJDS

Horology Curious
5/11/23
is clean the closest one to gen for batgirl? I’m torn between the Pepsi clean upgraded insert and a batgirl. I don’t know who makes the closest rep for batgirl please chime in. I would appreciate the input. The ks

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
is clean the closest one to gen for batgirl? I’m torn between the Pepsi clean upgraded insert and a batgirl. I don’t know who makes the closest rep for batgirl please chime in. I would appreciate the input. The ks
Clean’s batman is as identical as possible and more genlike than the new pepsi for sure. But the new pepsi looks absolutely great as well. In the end it’s just a matter of taste..

Reactions: mcboom

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
only thing that is bugging me, is the magnification of the lens being too high (see pics next to my gen gmt). Does the crystal sit too high due to a too thick crystal gasket or is it the crystal itself? If it's not the crystal itself, might it be possible to sand down the gasket or does anyone know where to get one that will fix this issue?
It's a combination of both... I have OCD for this as well... cyclops magnifies too much and the typo is a bit too large

Reactions: DJDS

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Its both. The crystal has a wrong magnification (And its overall shit :) ) AND the gasket is to high.

I installed a gen crystal on mine. Gen gasket was to low, so i sanded down the rep gasket.

All my work info is at the end of this tread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...x-the-bezel-on-a-clean-gmt-master-2.10668398/

Last edited:

Fusible

5/5/22

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
While it seems like it can vary quite a bit, there’s multiple people suggesting the newest clean in the last few weeks accepts Gen gasket and xtal seamlessly. I’m about to cut my losses and run back to Daytona 😂
Well i had one on my table 2 days ago, and the crystal height and magnification was correct with the gen gasket. But the gen gasket id to fat for the retainer ring, so you are back to sanding the rep gasket down :)

Fusible

5/5/22
Well i had one on my table 2 days ago, and the crystal height and magnification was correct with the gen gasket. But the gen gasket id to fat for the retainer ring, so you are back to sanding the rep gasket down :)
This is why I just never trust clean. It’s always something.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
HTRGIP.jpeg

really nice

DJDS

Horology Curious
5/11/23
Clean’s batman is as identical as possible and more genlike than the new pepsi for sure. But the new pepsi looks absolutely great as well. In the end it’s just a matter of taste..
Does this go for the batgirl with the jubilee strap as well? I’m leaning towards the clean batgirl.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Does this go for the batgirl with the jubilee strap as well? I’m leaning towards the clean batgirl.
Do a bit of research here on this forum, instead of just asking. There is so much information available to those interested.

Every rep falls short when you put it next to a gen. I have a gen batgirl, and if you put a stock Clean next to it, I can easily tell them apart. If you Franken the clean with gen crystal, datewheel and hands, it will get difficult to tell them apart. If you slap on a gen inlay, it will be VERY difficult.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Do a bit of research here on this forum, instead of just asking. There is so much information available to those interested.

Every rep falls short when you put it next to a gen. I have a gen batgirl, and if you put a stock Clean next to it, I can easily tell them apart. If you Franken the clean with gen crystal, datewheel and hands, it will get difficult to tell them apart. If you slap on a gen inlay, it will be VERY difficult.
Very true. I have clean’s VTNR with a gen xtal en a geb xtal waiting for the pepsi, when it arrives. Probably will add a gen date wheel as well. To me, the date and the bubbel have to be perfect.