• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
We grabbed scratched bezel inserts(aboout to return to the factory) in our office, and washed with dish soap and toothbrush with no problem. I also asked the factory to do the same, and they tested different batches for no problem, not even one piece was off.

And for the Batman bezel, they have been in the market for years, they were stable and never had peeling off problem. The V2s insert could have higher chance to peel off, but it should never be the batman 😵

I would suggest you to ask your TD to see if they can do anything and check your dishwashing soap ingredients if they are not good for your watch @2841

For other members, the platinum is PVD vacuum plating, it should stay long and stable and wouldn't react with most substances, but be careful with acetone, banana oil(and other organic solvent) and corrosive liquid.

PS. Nail polish wouldn't help!
Thanks for putting in the effort bud, appreciate it.

Im already in contact with @jtimewatch, we will figure out a replacement.

Used the same soap, same day on a V1 Pepsi bezel, without problems. So it’s not the soap ;)

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Thanks for putting in the effort bud, appreciate it.

Im already in contact with @jtimewatch, we will figure out a replacement.

Used the same soap, same day on a V1 Pepsi bezel, without problems. So it’s not the soap ;)
Considering that you got the insert from @Jtime, and that @CTime did an extensive test on its stock, it wouldn’t be a stretch to understand that @Jtime maybe got a prototype batch or something like that

Reactions: leo6929

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Does anyone here know what is the correct gasket size for 126710 pepsi? Ive had bought B25/7035 gen crystal that comes with 2.3mm gasket, Im not sure will it fit perfectly or no.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Does anyone here know what is the correct gasket size for 126710 pepsi? Ive had bought B25/7035 gen crystal that comes with 2.3mm gasket, Im not sure will it fit perfectly or no.
I’ve just fitted a gen 7035 plus the gen gasket supplied and it’s perfect height wise. I’ll add a pic when home.

Reactions: JOSswag

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I used a 2.7 or 2.8 on the last one I installed. The 2.3 is so low the seconds hand hit the underside of the crystal.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I used a 2.7 or 2.8 on the last one I installed. The 2.3 is so low the seconds hand hit the underside of the crystal.
I had the same experience. But one watch the gasket was to low, and another watch is was perfect…. Seems like it’s a crapshoot with these watches

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
I am really anxious to know why this is unfortunate and how it will negatively affect the wearing experience.
Maybe I should have expanded my statement better. I have a gen so was really excited to order one so I could do an in hand said by side of both bezels glowing bright red under UV. I thought I read that CF fully accomplished it so thats why when I saw that pic I said “That’s unfortunate “

Now i do realize for most people the correct full red UV glow may not matter however I tend to obsess on the little things + i thought it would have been really cool to see CF achieve this especially since it’s proprietary to Rolex.

I hope this clears my statement up a bit.

Reactions: diamonds and mcboom

Fusible

5/5/22
I had the same experience. But one watch the gasket was to low, and another watch is was perfect…. Seems like it’s a crapshoot with these watches
Can you share pictures boss of the xtal bevel? I just bought blistered xtal and DW and looking to install them in newest clean. Went on a goose chase to find if you just use gen gasket it's fine lol. However, would love to see your photos and hoping mag/bevel are gen spec.

Reactions: JOSswag

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Ah dang! I heard that 2.7 above isn’t waterproofed? And what is the stock CF gasket size? Can I use the stock CF gasket with the gen crystal?

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Me too, although Xing looks quite good as well.