• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

tripwire759

Time Is a Thief
3/11/23
I have been lurking in here for a long time and finally decided to move forward with a Pepsi. It’s on the way.

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Do a bit of research here on this forum, instead of just asking. There is so much information available to those interested.

Every rep falls short when you put it next to a gen. I have a gen batgirl, and if you put a stock Clean next to it, I can easily tell them apart. If you Franken the clean with gen crystal, datewheel and hands, it will get difficult to tell them apart. If you slap on a gen inlay, it will be VERY difficult.
Yeah but silly defects such as wrong serial font on rehaut and STEEL IONX on clasp makes very easy to spot even when you franken them with gen parts.

• Haha
Reactions: derjenigewelcher

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Just received mine today! Very happy but the xtal needs some work (not anti reflective enough and cyclops is slightly over magnified compared to a gen), also the serial font is wrong! Even with these two issues I’m very happy to rep the rep!
Gratz; nice one

Guicamarao

17/2/14
Just received mine today! Very happy but the xtal needs some work (not anti reflective enough and cyclops is slightly over magnified compared to a gen), also the serial font is wrong! Even with these two issues I’m very happy to rep the rep!
thats v2 or v2s?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
V2s shouldn't have left any TD:s yet as the insert painting is flaking.

Im waiting with patience
I’ve seen one report of that and several other v2s in people’s hands already…

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
My V2S is on its merry way to me... hope I will dodge the flaky bezel insert bullet.. 🥲

Reactions: 2841

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Mine has just arrived. To be honest: surprised by how good this insert looks! It’s dark outside, so tomorrow i’ll know for sure. The bracelet feels cheap and rough, however so did the one on my vtnr, but it’s silky smooth after a conditioner bath. So the pepsi gets the same treatment. Next step: tot Nikz for a gen xtal, polishing and some more.

Suj30

Horology Curious
17/10/23
Mine has just arrived. To be honest: surprised by how good this insert looks! It’s dark outside, so tomorrow i’ll know for sure. The bracelet feels cheap and rough, however so did the one on my vtnr, but it’s silky smooth after a conditioner bath. So the pepsi gets the same treatment. Next step: tot Nikz for a gen xtal, polishing and some more.

Hi, what’s a conditioner bath? I’ve been told to soak the bracelet in baby oil!

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Just shampoo-conditioner. Wrap the whole bracelet with it. Move it around and make a bath with extra conditioner. Soak it for half an hour. Silky smooth ;6

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Just shampoo-conditioner. Wrap the whole bracelet with it. Move it around and make a bath with extra conditioner. Soak it for half an hour. Silky smooth ;6
Thank you! Been doing this for years, the baby oil makes absolutely no sense, when you get the same result with conditioner/shampoo without the oil mess. (There is a bit of silicone in shampoo/conditioner, and it will lubricate a bracelet nicely)