• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Which dry lube specifically? For bikes, which brand? Or is it PTFE spray?
I use the 50ml bottle and I’ve never had any issues

Muc Off Dry Lube (50-ml) https://a.co/d/isxhzlc

A little goes a long way. I just put a drop at every joint and move the bracelet around to work it in, then rinse it under the sink and dry. It’s a very quick process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickyan

Sebastian800

Horology Curious
16/6/16
Which version do you recommend at the moment? Or should I wait for more reviews? I don't need the watch urgently :)

TD said he will deliver the latest one. So I will ask for the version I would like to get.

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
All the nitpicking... it´s a fun read, but some of you boys should have been here 7 years ago when reps were really shitty, I would pay to see your faces lol 😂
You still have any pics of those reps from yesteryear? Post some up 😅😅😅

Reactions: leo6929

Sebastian800

Horology Curious
16/6/16
All the nitpicking... it´s a fun read, but some of you boys should have been here 7 years ago when reps were really shitty, I would pay to see your faces lol 😂
I am one of those guys :D:D last rep bought more than 5 years ago. So I´m excited about the arrival of V2 or V2S - whatever will come:D

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
You still have any pics of those reps from yesteryear? Post some up 😅😅😅
Sadly no, but there are threads in the forum related to that kind of reps, some cheap, some other old and early pieces. Like a damn museum 🥲

I was always reticent to get a Pepsi because the bezel insert was sooo lacking, even though it was one of my grail watches... nowadays they are damn near perfect!

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
This time, I took out the xing V4, and replaced it with the older insert I got from my C+. So left CF V2, middle xing v5, right the older V1 version common to both CF and C+:

Natural lighting without the shades:

Natural lighting with the shades:

Reactions: leo6929 and mhrboy

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
If anything the gen lip seems a touch more rounded

Clean

Gen

Gen

Gen (L)

Gen is definitely not flat for sure in my eyes
Yours is gen 116710LN bezel. I have done the bezel mod on the same one. There’s no lip on it, as you said the surface is not flat. There’s a lip only on the BLRO; not on the BLNR, LN, CHNR, seven up, etc

Reactions: Paul Newman