• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Non trusted dealer on AliX? Yeah dude... not to generalize but consider the average monthly salary in China, $200 is like 1/2 a month's salary out in the boonies and 1/5th avg salary in the cities. If you could make the equivalent of $1500 by taking off a bezel and replacing it, would you?

AliX had the reputation in China of dropshipping and scammers, 12 year olds go on the site to make a quick buck (Not joking). Which is why I'm very careful on that site.
He is not on Alix, he is on Alibaba. Alibaba platform has a trade assurance policy which protects my rights and assures me of a full refund in case of any defects, scams, quality issues, shipping issues, scammers, etc. I have enforced several times and it goes to a resolution center. They usually resolve your issue with the dealer within 24-48 hours if the dealer responds quickly. If not they will step in and resolve within 72 hours max.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
He is not on Alix, he is on Alibaba. Alibaba platform has a trade assurance policy which protects my rights and assures me of a full refund in case of any defects, scams, quality issues, shipping issues, scammers, etc. I have enforced several times and it goes to a resolution center. They usually resolve your issue with the dealer within 24-48 hours if the dealer responds quickly. If not they will step in and resolve within 72 hours max.
Alibaba? From my experience Alibaba is seller centric protection not consumer friendly.... and be warned your "protections" go out the window when dealing with counterfeit goods on that platform.

"I ordered a fake watch but it came with a different bezel than stated can I get my money?"

Anyways, why not deal with a TD here? Is saving money worth the hassle? I don't get it sometimes. If this happened here you have an easier time to resolving this.

Anyways. I'm not here to argue. Your money is your money. If it works for you sure

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Alibaba? From my experience Alibaba is seller centric protection not consumer friendly.... and be warned your "protections" go out the window when dealing with counterfeit goods on that platform.

"I ordered a fake watch but it came with a different bezel than stated can I get my money?"

Anyways, why not deal with a TD here? Is saving money worth the hassle? I don't get it sometimes. If this happened here you have an easier time to resolving this.

Anyways. I'm not here to argue. Your money is your money. If it works for you sure
Alibaba has 0 protection. Like you said as soon as there is any connection to counterfeit you lost.

Reactions: engbanna1

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
New inlays are on their way. Hopefully these won’t dissolve in water :)

Appently the Pepsi v2 inlays does not have version numbers on the back, like the Batman inlay. Can anyone else confirm this. Don’t really trust CF anymore :)

Reactions: DeLoMan

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
The pepsi insert you posted is the new v2 for sure. It's red/pinkish. Don't make any judgement if it has serials on the back or not. It means NOTHING regarding quality and also not visible when installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaps

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
People want version number inscribed on the back of the bezel? Why and why is it a big deal? Goodness gracious, someone help me understand this insanity.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Stop blowing a question out of proportions! When the fuck did I say it was a big deal, or I wanted it?

Every single inlay I’ve ever seen or had from CF from Daytonas, subs gmt etc. have had a version number in the back.

I wonder why this one doesn’t, since there are pretty clearly a quality issue with both the v2 and v2s. It would be nice to be able to trace a specific batch, and help other members out, so they wouldn’t receive an inlay that dissolves in water. Hence a version number in the back would be useful

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Stop blowing a question out of proportions! When the fuck did I say it was a big deal, or I wanted it?

Every single inlay I’ve ever seen or had from CF from Daytonas, subs gmt etc. have had a version number in the back.

I wonder why this one doesn’t, since there are pretty clearly a quality issue with both the v2 and v2s. It would be nice to be able to trace a specific batch, and help other members out, so they wouldn’t receive an inlay that dissolves in water. Hence a version number in the back would be useful
Are there inlay inserts that dissolve in water? I’ve never heard of that before!

Reactions: CCL088