• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
Yours is gen 116710LN bezel. I have done the bezel mod on the same one. There’s no lip on it, as you said the surface is not flat. There’s a lip only on the BLRO; not on the BLNR, LN, CHNR, seven up, etc
The raw ring is for the 126710, it’s a service part so maybe it’s different.

This is what they would use to replace a BLRO insert and the ring unit, or atleast this is what is in the part technical specifications chart for Rolex service.

Last edited:

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
The raw ring is for the 126710, it’s a service part so maybe it’s different.

This is what they would use to replace a BLRO insert and the ring unit, or atleast this is what is in the part technical specifications chart for Rolex service.
BLRO has a different bezel ring than any other GMT, you can clearly see in any online pic mate, lip is much more pronounced

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
BLRO has a different bezel ring than any other GMT, you can clearly see in any online pic mate, lip is much more pronounced
That’s why I’m wondering if the GEN ring in my photo may be different because it’s a service part, you can definitely see it has a slightly different lip under macro example but IRL hard to see unless the light reflects just right

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
That’s why I’m wondering if the GEN ring in my photo may be different because it’s a service part, you can definitely see it has a slightly different lip under macro example but IRL hard to see unless the light reflects just right
I don't think it is different for being a service part but for being for 116710LN, 126710BLNR or 126720VTNR.

The "rara avis" in the GMT family is the BLRO with the rare wide lip but the rest are like yours.

Reactions: TerryRobot

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Really interesting specimen. Which td did you get this from
He is a dealer on Alibaba not a td on RWI but I trust him since I have been dealing with him for some time now. He bought a UV torch to test the bezel for me, I would have uploaded the video but I don’t know how.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Last edited:
Reactions: engbanna1

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
He is a dealer on Alibaba not a td on RWI but I trust him since I have been dealing with him for some time now. He bought a UV torch to test the bezel for me, I would have uploaded the video but I don’t know how.
Try Imgur my friend!

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14
It's not unfathomable for the guy to have taken off the new bezel and put a V1 bezel on it imho

For what purpose though? To try and make $200 from selling the V2 insert separately? I guess if the seller has a bunch of old V1 inserts laying around he can make a good amount of money swapping and selling the V2's. But most likely will get caught quickly and nobody will buy from them again.

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
It's not unfathomable for the guy to have taken off the new bezel and put a V1 bezel on it imho
I don’t think so, he is not an expert but I suspect that the middle guy between my dealer and the factory has done what you just described

Reaps

-
25/9/22
For what purpose though? To try and make $200 from selling the V2 insert separately? I guess if the seller has a bunch of old V1 inserts laying around he can make a good amount of money swapping and selling the V2's. But most likely will get caught quickly and nobody will buy from them again.
Non trusted dealer on AliX? Yeah dude... not to generalize but consider the average monthly salary in China, $200 is like 1/2 a month's salary out in the boonies and 1/5th avg salary in the cities. If you could make the equivalent of $1500 by taking off a bezel and replacing it, would you?

AliX had the reputation in China of dropshipping and scammers, 12 year olds go on the site to make a quick buck (Not joking). Which is why I'm very careful on that site.

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14
Non trusted dealer on AliX? Yeah dude... not to generalize but consider the average monthly salary in China, $200 is like 1/2 a month's salary out in the boonies and 1/5th avg salary in the cities. If you could make the equivalent of $1500 by taking off a bezel and replacing it, would you?

AliX had the reputation in China of dropshipping and scammers, 12 year olds go on the site to make a quick buck (Not joking). Which is why I'm very careful on that site.

Yeah makes sense, they're not TD's on rwi so what do they care about reputation. Make a quick buck when they get the opportunity.

Reactions: Reaps