• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Dry lube takes 5 seconds and works perfectly lol

Milburn1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
I think back about the days where nitpickers called out color offsets and holes in dialprinted crowns rather than fucking serial fonts...are you beeing serious?
I wouldn’t exactly call deliberate faults nitpicking. They got the font right in the previous gmt models, but we all know why they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back don’t we. It’s not like the technology isn’t there to make these replicas very very close these days 🤷🏼

Reactions: flogtwo and mcboom

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I wouldn’t exactly call deliberate faults nitpicking. They got the font right in the previous gmt models, but we all know why they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back don’t we. It’s not like the technology isn’t there to make these replicas very very close these days 🤷🏼
no but if every thing would be repped perfectly how could they sell you / us the v5 v6, v7, v8....?

Milburn1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
no but if every thing would be repped perfectly how could they sell you / us the v5 v6, v7, v8....?
That’s exactly what I meant when I said “but we all know why they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back” I think you might of got lost in translation with my English a bit there 😂

tedlasso

Looking Around
25/5/23
US
Mine has just arrived. To be honest: surprised by how good this insert looks! It’s dark outside, so tomorrow i’ll know for sure. The bracelet feels cheap and rough, however so did the one on my vtnr, but it’s silky smooth after a conditioner bath. So the pepsi gets the same treatment. Next step: tot Nikz for a gen xtal, polishing and some more.

Hi, congrats on your watch! I’ve been on the fence ordering for a while. Who did you order this from and what payment options did they offer?

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Mine has just arrived. To be honest: surprised by how good this insert looks! It’s dark outside, so tomorrow i’ll know for sure. The bracelet feels cheap and rough, however so did the one on my vtnr, but it’s silky smooth after a conditioner bath. So the pepsi gets the same treatment. Next step: tot Nikz for a gen xtal, polishing and some more.

I'm going to try it for my Ah DateJust. Until now I've only washed it with baby shampoo. I'll try it for the bracelet as an extra and see what changes.

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08

An oil bath was actually not enough for me... comparing to my gens I actually felt that the whole watch was somewhat too sharp on the edges and bracelet, so I carefully polished all these super sharp edges to be more gen like.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
HdO8qX.jpeg

super happy with this one! cant get enough of the bezel..

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
An oil bath was actually not enough for me... comparing to my gens I actually felt that the whole watch was somewhat too sharp on the edges and bracelet, so I carefully polished all these super sharp edges to be more gen like.
How did you go about polishing it? I'd like to do something similar if its not too onerous, especially for the sharp lug corners.

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
How did you go about polishing it? I'd like to do something similar if its not too onerous, especially for the sharp lug corners.
Did it very carefully with a soft felt dremel bit and some fine polishing paste... really really carefully though and always masked the brushed parts... in the end also used some cape cod cloths. It was a bit onerous to be honest, but well worth it, as the watch has now a much more gen-like feel.

Sebastian800

Horology Curious
16/6/16
which version will be delivered when ordering the Pepsi now? V2 or V2s? I'm not sure if to order now or wait for some time to get the best version.

Reactions: Guts Theme