• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Speaking of CF insert color flaking and all... I heard on Reddit (the most reliable source on the internet) that CF recently released a sub-model that only had been QC-tested indoors. When costumers got it they noticed that the case started to melt in sunny condition. I mean whatta f×ck...

• Haha
Reactions: CTime

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14
Curious, does anyone else have a version number engraved on the back of their bezel? This is actually the previous version CF bezel that I replaced. I didn't realize it until after I installed the new one so I didn't see if that new one had a number on it.

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
Don't you know that RWI members only wear reps exclusively to clubs and raves? Instant call out, smh, be careful, everyone at raves and night clubs know that Pepsi inserts are meant to glow red!! Instant give away
I use my gen Pepsi's as glow sticks at raves. Should see all the attention I they get from all the young sweaty scantily clad ladies. I am sure the only reason I they get attention is because they glow red in the UV light.

• Haha
Reactions: WatchSmith.US

CTime

Renowned Member
Trusted Dealer
29/9/22
Guangzhou, China
We grabbed scratched bezel inserts(aboout to return to the factory) in our office, and washed with dish soap and toothbrush with no problem. I also asked the factory to do the same, and they tested different batches for no problem, not even one piece was off.

And for the Batman bezel, they have been in the market for years, they were stable and never had peeling off problem. The V2s insert could have higher chance to peel off, but it should never be the batman 😵

I would suggest you to ask your TD to see if they can do anything and check your dishwashing soap ingredients if they are not good for your watch @2841

For other members, the platinum is PVD vacuum plating, it should stay long and stable and wouldn't react with most substances, but be careful with acetone, banana oil(and other organic solvent) and corrosive liquid.

PS. Nail polish wouldn't help!

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/21
We grabbed scratched bezel inserts(aboout to return to the factory) in our office, and washed with dish soap and toothbrush with no problem. I also asked the factory to do the same, and they tested different batches for no problem, not even one piece was off.

And for the Batman bezel, they have been in the market for years, they were stable and never had peeling off problem. The V2s insert could have higher chance to peel off, but it should never be the batman 😵

I would suggest you to ask your TD to see if they can do anything and check your dishwashing soap ingredients if they are not good for your watch @2841

For other members, the platinum is PVD vacuum plating, it should stay long and stable and wouldn't react with most substances, but be careful with acetone, banana oil(and other organic solvent) and corrosive liquid.

@CTime doing the extra work again. Keep the good work (y) (y) (y)

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21

Thanks to the most reliable and sincere man in the TD market in a short time. :)🙌

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

So @2841 , are you washing your hands and/or brushing your teeth with acetone ?

/s ofc :ROFLMAO:

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
It is not very important, the important thing is that he does his job with love and confidence. No matter what anyone says, he deserves a great deal of respect.

Reactions: CTime