• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Beautiful, however just when I am ready to pull the trigger something comes up like the washing of the coating. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I washed mine with hot water and Dawn dish soap and it was unaffected.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Just water and dishwashing soap with a toothbrush, like i've been doing the last 4-5 years to both rep and gen :)

Its not the soap thats the problem, its the "platinum paint"
hard toothbrush can damage mechanically the coating?

SpRiZZ3Tt0

Horology Curious
19/1/22
Hi, just your 5cent to answer my doubt: My QC arrived yesterday after my V2 pepsi on 14th Oct, but forgotten to pay :LOL:
As I saw on my QC pics I like it very much new V2 insert, I like the clasp with STEELINOX and F6U code I’m just a little dissapointed for the old case with Y2L3 serial and also for timemeter check that show +3s/d on 278° 0,1ms 59°. I’ don’t like the idea to take aearly control by watchmaker @ arrival. Infatti it’s more than 90 second per mounth.
What do you think about it?
HPsHlv.jpeg

HPs2Aj.jpeg

HPsA64.jpeg

HPs8VY.png

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Wait I’m kinda loss here. But why you guys wash or brush the insert? Whats the point of doing that?

Reactions: Charlemagne63

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
dissapointed for the old case with Y2L3 serial and also for timemeter check that show +3s/d on 278° 0,1ms 59°. I’ don’t like the idea to take aearly control by watchmaker @ arrival. Infatti it’s more than 90 second per mounth.
So chronometer grade accuracy, and 1 s/d more than a $10k gen…

Reactions: Akilles

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Today I had to sell my V2 to my friend at his insistence. I bought the watch at CTime. I washed it 3 times in total and had no problems with the bezel. And it still looked perfect. The only flaw I can say is that it is STEEL INOX. Now I am waiting for one with an updated serial number font. I hope the new batch will be available as soon as possible.

And here is the last photo before we say goodbye.

Trife90

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
21/8/23
Let’s not turn this into a sales add of the Xing bezel, but focus on info on this new very exiting release.

This is in my opinion an absolute game changer if it’s really as good as the pics, and would eliminate the need to change out the inlay on a stock Clean.

But as alway, let’s wait for QC pics, and people actually having this on hand before we jump to conclusions :) I myself will order one, and do a comparison between the V1 & v2
I just read your thread on your 5711 franken. Man – some of you on here are talented. Insanely impressive.

Reactions: watchfi

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I just read your thread on your 5711 franken. Man – some of you on here are talented. Insanely impressive.
Thanks bud, but most of it is my watchmaker :) I just throw money at it :)

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Not when it’s straight out of factory… except when you are a maniac maybe
What difference does it make when he washes his watch(es)? Let’s focus on the the fact that the insert is defected rather than his watch washing practices.

Reactions: leo6929

Tschacko

1/8/18

New V2 insert arrived from @CTime yesterday. Here it is compared to a gen. For those that wanted the perfect Pepsi insert, I would say the wait is over.
Great comparison, you also have the same comparison with the old insert in that lightning conditions ?