• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Had to give you the thumbs up so I could be your 1,000 reaction score. Will you remember me fondly lol.
Shieeeeet thanks bro, same day I start asking myself how the fuck I got to two filled watch boxes already.

Now I’ve got something better to remember you by than that Tudor I’m waiting on! Haha

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Ny clean vtnr seems fine after swimming and stuff. Let’s see.

dk2852

2/2/22
I washed mine with soap right after I got it and didn't have that issue.

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
2/10/09
I'm a little curious... has anyone applied a clear coat or nail polish to the bezel numbers? I wonder if it would/could seal the numbers as is? To prevent fade or whatever. Not sure it would work but just out of desperation I guess. That's a super bummer either way.

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Could there be a problem with the batch with serial number ending with L3? Mine ends with V6.

Reactions: leo6929

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
BTW, i got QCs on the Batman about 3-4 weeks ago, and QC on the Pepsi last week. So it looks like this is a problem on a fairly big batch.

Under the "platinum paint" both inlays have a different texture in the numbers.

Might be a good idea for all members ordering this watch, to put a hold on it, until we figure out what's going on. Don't wanna see this happening to someone else.

Here is the difference in texture, under the paint:

Zeddius

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/22
BTW, i got QCs on the Batman about 3-4 weeks ago, and QC on the Pepsi last week. So it looks like this is a problem on a fairly big batch.

Under the "platinum paint" both inlays have a different texture in the numbers.

Might be a good idea for all members ordering this watch, to put a hold on it, until we figure out what's going on. Don't wanna see this happening to someone else.

Here is the difference in texture, under the paint:

Do both your watches have a serial ending with V6 if I may ask ?
Just greenlighted a Pepsi V2 today 😅

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Do both your watches have a serial ending with V6 if I may ask ?
Just greenlighted a Pepsi V2 today 😅
Both watches are Y2L3. (But dont think it matters, this is an inlay problem, the first Y2L3 i got about a month and a half ago, does not have the issue, the Platinum looks beautiful after several washes

Have your TD give it a light wash before shipping, just to be on the safe side :)

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
I usually don't comment here becuase there are experts that know far more than me but in this instance I may be able to make life easier for someone hopefully. I know for a fact from my TD that these 2 models are being rushed out due to popular demand. From what I can see on the streaks left behind, on the outer ceramic and from how the paint is textured like that inside the numbered engravings, it appears the paint is still wet. I fear that these are "hot" out of the oven so to speak and the platinum has not had enough time to dry. So half soft dry with water will cause it smear like that and leave streaks when wiping and a cloudy residue on the surface is usually a sign of wet paint. It looks the same when I use rubbing alcohol on dry paint too. It seems the paint is quite thick from what I can see in the numbers so it may have been still soft.

A good experiment would be if someone receives one within this batch and puts it in an oven for a few hours to let it cure, then trying to wash it in water.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I usually don't comment here becuase there are experts that know far more than me but in this instance I may be able to make life easier for someone hopefully. I know for a fact from my TD that these 2 models are being rushed out due to popular demand. From what I can see on the streaks left behind, on the outer ceramic and from how the paint is textured like that inside the numbered engravings, it appears the paint is still wet. I fear that these are "hot" out of the oven so to speak and the platinum has not had enough time to dry. So half soft dry with water will cause it smear like that and leave streaks when wiping and a cloudy residue on the surface is usually a sign of wet paint. It looks the same when I use rubbing alcohol on dry paint too. It seems the paint is quite thick from what I can see in the numbers so it may have been still soft.

A good experiment would be if someone receives one within this batch and puts it in an oven for a few hours to let it cure, then trying to wash it in water.
It’s not a bad idea at all, but my Batman sat at the TD for over 2 weeks before it was shipped with the Pepsi

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Wow, I'm glad I didn't impulse buy a new one just yet. Hope yall get this sorted

Reactions: 2841

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

What oven temperature shall be used ?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Heres a sales tread with a new Clean Pepsi, I can see paint is coming off as well. Very apparent on the 22

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/rolex-gmt-master-ii-ref-126710-blro-“pepsi”-clean-v3-dd3285-new-with-deep-crystal.10959158/#post-11502508