• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Serial font however 🤦‍♂️
What about the serial font?
You must obviously be a noob trying to pass off as a rep as gen.

Once you've been around the block, you'll understand that high quality reps, Franken, and customizing are no longer frowned upon.

Noone bats and eye when cars are customized or "Frankened." Camaros, Corvettes, Porches, etc... have been being rebuilt with aftermarket or customized parts for years. The watch game has finally evolved and finally caught up.
These new breed of reps are incredible!

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Ow my, stop it with the serial numbers.. Aaargh
Can’t detect sarcasm can we ? /s (I love to trigger you guys, it’s really funny)
What about the serial font?
You must obviously be a noob trying to pass off as a rep as gen.

Once you've been around the block, you'll understand that high quality reps, Franken, and customizing are no longer frowned upon.

Noone bats and eye when cars are customized or "Frankened." Camaros, Corvettes, Porches, etc... have been being rebuilt with aftermarket or customized parts for years. The watch game has finally evolved and finally caught up.
These new breed of reps are incredible!
Lol to this.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Basically everyone has different tolerance to what they can accept. Maybe some cannot accept the wrong serial, maybe some can. What's important to you in a watch may not be tolerable to others. Personally I'm in the camp of not caring about the wrong font for serial. Unless you have a loupe or trying to pass rep as gen you won't notice.

To me, the color, and filling of bezel is 100x more important since it is the defining feature of the GMT.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
The title changed to serial number via insert. I can hardly see the serial number even on my arm. I don't understand why you are so obsessed with the serial number. Yes, I have a GMT with the wrong font. But I'm happy with it. :):p:D
Just having fun triggering you guys, that’s all. I already wrote at least three times that I don’t give two yolks about what you guys individually like or not in your watches

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
Just having fun triggering you guys, that’s all. I already wrote at least three times that I don’t give two yolks about what you guys individually like or not in your watches
I'm well aware of that, of course, and there's no harm in having some fun once in a while.

Reactions: big_polarbear

Nickyan

29/1/23
Germany
That would be great. Looked a bit too brown for me and hardly glows red under UV. I only have a weak 500mW UV light though.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
That is definitely the new insert. The older inserts are more brownish. Waiting for QC of mine after buying 3 iterations... maybe this will be my last one :giggle:

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
I know this is controversial, but I think I prefer V1 !
I really want to like this new insert, but the red is.... pink?
The insert also looks really fat compared to V1 - smaller lip. I think more ugly?
Just compare the photos of users above from V1 to V2

Reactions: CTime

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I know this is controversial, but I think I prefer V1 !
I really want to like this new insert, but the red is.... pink?
The insert also looks really fat compared to V1 - smaller lip. I think more ugly?
Just compare the photos of users above from V1 to V2
All good, this is personal preference. If you like the royal blue and red of v1, enjoy it. Rolex has 4 versions of the bezel so all of them to some extent are correct.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
It's what I said last year on a thread here: Rolex has released 4 versions of the ceramic pepsi bezel. So I'm guessing one if not both of the CF versions are close to one of the four Rolex released.

Back to CF versions: I prefer V2. I don't know why the red in the V2 is bothering so many.

Reactions: CTime and Holy0ne