• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Charlemagne63

Certified
14/9/23
Guys, how do you the bezel is V3/V2/V2s

Do you have a mention somewhere ? Why, because I’ve asked multiple TD and some told me 2XX$, others 90$

And I don’t know

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
Guys, how do you the bezel is V3/V2/V2s

Do you have a mention somewhere ? Why, because I’ve asked multiple TD and some told me 2XX$, others 90$

And I don’t know
Please send private message to @CTime , ask him that you want to buy insert pepsi only. Its 218$us, before shipping fee. He will glad to help. He is a TD.
Its V2 price btw. And V2 is already great compare to gen.

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
Re: CF GMT II DD3285 - can someone advise on the reliability of the rep and movement?

I know it's not been around that long but I wanted to know:

1) water resistance - can it withstand light rain/handwashing?
2) magnetism - how conscious does one need to be to prevent it becoming magnetized?
3) movement robustness - can I cycle my bike regularly on uneven roads with this on the wrist?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Re: CF GMT II DD3285 - can someone advise on the reliability of the rep and movement?

I know it's not been around that long but I wanted to know:

1) water resistance - can it withstand light rain/handwashing?
2) magnetism - how conscious does one need to be to prevent it becoming magnetized?
3) movement robustness - can I cycle my bike regularly on uneven roads with this on the wrist?
Water resistance in GMTs is iffy. Supposedly they have gotten better but I wouldn’t assume any rep is safe for swimming unless it’s been pressure tested.
Magnetism shouldn’t be an issue. Just stay away from magnets.
DD3285 seems to be a solid movement but keep in mind it’s a cheap Chinese fake and not close to Swiss standards.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
@Lolcat9995 - It's a replica watch that's made illegally in "underground" factories and not laboratories. No one can expect Seiko, Omega or Rolex specs. I would think you can wash dishes with it and maybe tread lightly in the ocean or a pool as I have done so with many of my rep watches. But there are no guarantees. I would also like to think you can go mountain biking or off-roading on a motor bike. But I wouldn't play golf with it. I wear a Sub-Date to the gym daily.

Magnetism? Why are you worried about that? Do you work around such machinery? I never even thought about it.

Lolcat9995

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
31/5/23
UK
Water resistance in GMTs is iffy. Supposedly they have gotten better but I wouldn’t assume any rep is safe for swimming unless it’s been pressure tested.
Magnetism shouldn’t be an issue. Just stay away from magnets.
DD3285 seems to be a solid movement but keep in mind it’s a cheap Chinese fake and not close to Swiss standards.
@Lolcat9995 - It's a replica watch that's made illegally in "underground" factories and not laboratories. No one can expect Seiko, Omega or Rolex specs. I would think you can wash dishes with it and maybe tread lightly in the ocean or a pool as I have done so with many of my rep watches. But there are no guarantees. I would also like to think you can go mountain biking or off-roading on a motor bike. But I wouldn't play golf with it. I wear a Sub-Date to the gym daily.

Magnetism? Why are you worried about that? Do you work around such machinery? I never even thought about it.
Thanks both. Conclusion:
1) water resistance acceptable for daily activities but do not submerge
2) magnetism - don't think about it (i've only ever owned magnet safe gen so I don't think about it and wanted to know if I should start)
3) cycling - no one knows, probably not worth the risk

Reactions: CTime

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Thanks both. Conclusion:
2) magnetism - don't think about it (i've only ever owned magnet safe gen so I don't think about it and wanted to know if I should start)
I don't see harm in cycling myself, but YMMV.
Every mechanical watch owner should own a demagnetizer and the blue one on amazon is cheap and very popular.

Reactions: CTime

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Thanks both. Conclusion:
You left out the most important of all: Skiing! ⛷️
Definitely NO SKIING, cause your rep will be called out no matter how fast you're going. 😛

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Now with the infamous bezel lip mod. Makes all the difference when the light hits it. I wasn’t so excited about a rep since the 4130 movements first came out. Absolutely in love with it and having had the gen, not worth anymore spending tens of thousands on it. NWBG material here.

Example: latest DD3285 CF pepsi with 7035 gen crystal, gen datewheel, gen hands, rebrushing, bezel lip mod.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Penso che abbiano ricominciato a usare il carattere correttamente. A proposito, ho visto STEELINOX in alcune foto del controllo qualità.
Seems to be old insert