• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
Ok here we go... my CF v2 Pepsi arrived and I have some pics that compare the bezel insert to the CF v1 Pepsi. The V2 is always on the left, the v1 is always on the right. The only thing that changes between the pictures is how I positioned the two lights that illuminate the stage of my microscope.

And finally a short video that shows how the two different bezels look in low light with a UV LED illuminating them.

Got more pictures at wrist level? curious to see how the inserts look in different lightings!

Blutang777

Getting To Know The Place
11/3/18
Canada
Clean certainly did a great job on this latest version. My only complaint is the insert should be a bit more glossy. I would change the xtal and date wheel to Gen. No one will call you out on this one. 😎 Below compared to Gen Mk4.

Milburn1

Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
Clean certainly did a great job on this latest version. My only complaint is the insert should be a bit more glossy. I would change the xtal and date wheel to Gen. No one will call you out on this one. 😎 Below compared to Gen Mk4.

How do the hands compare to gen?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
it’s definitely the best platinum filling we have seen so far :)

Reactions: leo6929

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
The hands looks good, but the will always lack the luster and warm tone of white gold hands
I too have a gen (mk3) so I’m curious about overall feel like bezel play and clicks + bracelet feel va the gen?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I too have a gen (mk3) so I’m curious about overall feel like bezel play and clicks + bracelet feel va the gen?
Overall its good quality. You are not going to feel a difference on the bracelet and clasp. But the bezel action is shit. Ill report back when i get the new one this week, but im not hoping for a miracle :)

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Ok here we go... my CF v2 Pepsi arrived and I have some pics that compare the bezel insert to the CF v1 Pepsi. The V2 is always on the left, the v1 is always on the right. The only thing that changes between the pictures is how I positioned the two lights that illuminate the stage of my microscope.

And finally a short video that shows how the two different bezels look in low light with a UV LED illuminating them.

Thanks for the comparison man!

But here is no way my v1 CF i insert looked like yours. In a good light mine was red but mostly it was slightly brown/orange. Are you sure it's the CF v1 you compare with?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Thanks for the comparison man!

But here is no way my v1 CF i insert looked like yours. In a good light mine was red but mostly it was slightly brown/orange. Are you sure it's the CF v1 you compare with?
I'm not 100% sure since the v1 isn't mine, it's belongs to someone else who sent it to me for service. But I'm 99% sure it's a v1.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I would bet that´s not a CF V1 insert, I was thinking that while looking at the pics cause CF V1 is pretty shitty, lol.

It most likely is some version of a Xing insert.

Reactions: Akilles

rhern213

Certified
13/2/14
I would bet that´s not a CF V1 insert, I was thinking that while looking at the pics cause CF V1 is pretty shitty, lol.

I think I agree that example may not be CF, my CF version's red in that lighting would be almost brownish and much glossier.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21

I also agree that it's not a CF V1 insert because the blue red transition at 18 is pretty low.

Plus I don't recall CF V1 insert glowing all red under UV light.

Reactions: leo6929 and AG91

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I also agree that it's not a CF V1 insert because the blue red transition at 18 is pretty low.

Plus I don't recall CF V1 insert glowing all red under UV light.
I’m checking with the owner of the v1 to see if it’s a stock insert of if it’s a Xing insert. I’ve got a feeling it might be Xing because I have a note in my bench work papers about sanding down a “custom” ceramic insert so that it sits flush. So I’m thinking my “v1” is probably a Xing. But which Version Xing is impossible to know.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
It turns out the “v1” from my pics above is not a stock Cf v1. It’s a CF v1 with a custom ceramic insert of unknown origin. Sorry for the confusion.