• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I’m a bit confused because all TD i’m talking to have the Y2L3 serial only. And i don’t understand..
I already explained. Disregard the serial number, because CF is now using its new insert on both Y2L3 and L6V6 cases, which are identical aside from their serial (and both use the wrong font anyway)

Reactions: dk2852

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
I already explained. Disregard the serial number, because CF is now using its new insert on both Y2L3 and L6V6 cases, which are identical aside from their serial (and both use the wrong font anyway)
Bro any update regarding your order for newest C+? When will you get it?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Bro any update regarding your order for newest C+? When will you get it?
I am not going to wait Idk how much time for a watch where ultimately the only update is its insert, which I couldn't care less anyway (v2s)

So I bought an extra CF v2 insert. This morning ctime also showed me the engravings in between the lugs, and they are very good and correct, contrary to the claim from Nikz, and am going to confirm the QC on the older C+.

Reactions: dk2852

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
This morning ctime also showed me the engravings in between the lugs, and they are very good and correct, contrary to the claim from Nikz, and am going to confirm the QC on the older C+.
No doubt- my dealer assumed C+ is using mixed parts before shipping out newer batches. The one that passed in my hands was pure shit.

Master roshi sticker on caseback, old insert, incorrect bezel assembly (same as GSC uses, although has way better click than the gen spec CF assembly) 116710 engraved between the lugs and also serial number engraved between the lugs. I hope that watch was some sort of error.

On the other hand, the CF look terrific. I should add a bezel lip, wish I had some free time to do it.
EDIT: Should be said this specimen has gen crystal, gen datewheel and gen hands.

Last edited:

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
No doubt- my dealer assumed C+ is using mixed parts before shipping out newer batches. The one that passed in my hands was pure shit.

Master roshi sticker on caseback, old insert, incorrect bezel assembly (same as GSC uses, although has way better click than the gen spec CF assembly) 116710 engraved between the lugs and also serial number engraved between the lugs. I hope that watch was some sort of error.

On the other hand, the CF look terrific. I should add a bezel lip, wish I had some free time to do it.
EDIT: Should be said this specimen has gen crystal, gen datewheel and gen hands.

Hi mate, is this V2 CF insert or V2S CF insert?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Guys, I'm so confused - please tell a "lay man" the best one i.e. the closet looking one (I know - with faults that I know I can live with) to order and the TD. THANKS! Ed
The best move that ”lay man” could do is just to read through this thread and make its own opinion - only you know what flaws you can accept or not

OOTB it should be the newest CF, but the wront font ruins the whole watch for me; maybe you don’t care

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

Mine is Doraemon getting bullied, quite the funny sticker. This is between the lugs:

Reactions: AG91 and CTime

eiwood

Panerai Curious
Patron
Certified
10/12/21
US
OOTB it should be the newest CF, but the wront font ruins the whole watch for me; maybe you don’t care
I've been waiting for an updated BLRO, but this is exactly how i feel. Hopefully I can get over it, because this version looks great.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
I've been waiting for an updated BLRO, but this is exactly how i feel. Hopefully I can get over it, because this version looks great.
agreed the serial lets it down, rest is pretty spot on, much much better than previous ones in every aspect

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
The pic of the franken that Nikz just posted - Idc about all the gen parts etc because you don’t need to scrutinize/inspect anything whatsoever, just check for any 6 or 9 in the serial, and bang. Instant giveaway right there

Reactions: eiwood

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
The pic of the franken that Nikz just posted - Idc about all the gen parts etc because you don’t need to scrutinize/inspect anything whatsoever, just check for any 6 or 9 in the serial, and bang. Instant giveaway right there
When do you ever check the serial? I never look at it. Well to each their own ofcourse. Just ordered one and will ask Nikz to put my gen xtal on it and have it waterproofed..

Reactions: mcboom and CTime

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Instant giveaway? Where exactly? Perhaps in zoomed in macro photos posted online but certainly not on the wrist.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Instant giveaway? Where exactly? Perhaps in zoomed in macro photos posted online but certainly not on the wrist.
Even now that I know about this wrong serial font I still haven’t looked at it. That’s the very least issue I would consider an issue to begin with on a rep.

The only time I check at the serial is when someone walk into my workshop and try to sell me a supposedly gen watch lol

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Again gents, and please read me again:
The acceptability of flaws is personal opinion.

Now, from my personal recent experience, I know that the first thing I check is the serial. Maybe you don’t, and that’s perfectly fine. To each their own.

But I am getting a C+ to do a caseswap, that’s for sure

Last edited:

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Even now that I know about this wrong serial font I still haven’t looked at it. That’s the very least issue I would consider an issue to begin with on a rep.

The only time I check at the serial is when someone walk into my workshop and try to sell me a supposedly gen watch lol
If that’s the ”very least issue”, then why would you care about wrong engravings between the lugs my good sir ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JOSswag

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
If that’s the ”very least issue”, then why would you care about wrong engravings between the lugs my good sir ?
I don’t at all buddy, it’s just for the sake of knowing they’re delivering various cases. No one is ever going to see the engravings between the lugs anyway. As far as it concerns me, they can leave the lugs without engravings

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
If your not planning on flexing you rep on instagram, a serial font shouldn’t worry you to much :)
Again, whatever floats your boat; for me it does not make sense talking about details (bezel lip, insert color, lugs shape, etc etc) and then shrug off what is a blatant flaw and a very easy one to spot at that

A flaw’s a flaw, it bothers you or it doesn’t, but it’s there

You could very well apply the same kind of argument and replace in your sentence ”a serial font” by ”the insert color” and reach the same conclusion, we’re reaching a bit of a circular argument here

But then again - to each their own. I already wrote that I am planning to build around a C+, so I am not worried

Last edited:
Reactions: mmaggi and diamonds