• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
2/10/09
Now that I see it blown up, I can see on the first photo, that it seems to have a very slight "pinkish" tone on each side moving towards the blue, but nothing like the QC's I've seen so far. Still, the San Martin seems to have a better bezel.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Now that I see it blown up, I can see on the first photo, that it seems to have a very slight "pinkish" tone on each side moving towards the blue, but nothing like the QC's I've seen so far. Still, the San Martin seems to have a better bezel.
Looks like the old one to me as well. Still have a brown hue

Reactions: KJ2020

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Well, I was under the impression that I had the new version on the way. Somehow, it doesn't seem to be the case. Honestly, I can't tell. Pictured next to my San Martin Pepsi, the insert doesn't look great. It still looks like the old ugly version in color tone, but the numerals on the bezel seem to be better. I can't tell, really, but I'm leaning towards the older version here. Damn! and I was so excited for this one too.

HlDHkF.jpeg

HlDKVt.jpeg

HlD2i2.jpeg

HlDApE.jpeg

HlDLGn.jpeg

HlD5L3.jpeg

HlDU8s.jpeg
Old CF ;-)

Reactions: KJ2020

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
2/10/09
Does anyone know if the old version shows red under the black/UV light? I suppose that would answer the question definitively if not. Now, on the hunt for a UV light.

Reactions: AG91

promax01

Rep watch for life
Certified
19/11/22
Conus
Does anyone know if the old version shows red under the black/UV light? I suppose that would answer the question definitively if not. Now, on the hunt for a UV light.
I’m believe v1 bezel not turn red, but yeah look like you get the v1 as well

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08

Only the new one or the "custom" xing one glows all red in black/UV light.

Suj30

Horology Curious
17/10/23
It's available, just received my QC. Serial number matches, bezel colors looking might fine. Still says "Steel inox" on the clasp. Oh well, I'm approving!

Just received my QC from CTime; watch looks good but timegrapher result was -8s/d (not sure if this is bad or ok). What was your timegrapher result?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Just received my QC from CTime; watch looks good but timegrapher result was -8s/d (not sure if this is bad or ok). What was your timegrapher result?
-8 isn’t horrible but I would be more concerned with amplitude and beat error readings.

Reactions: Platomates

dk2852

2/2/22
Mine was running at +3, but with less amplitude and .4 beat error. Not a huge deal since I usually have to regulate after shipping anyways.

Reactions: Suj30

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Certified
25/3/21
Datewheel font looks closer to Gen on the newer one or is it just me?

dk2852

2/2/22
Well boys and girls it finally arrived! I'll let the pics speak for themselves, comparison watch is the Clean V1.

Outdoor shots first, the sun was setting so I couldn't get direct sunlight. You can still see the difference.

Now the indoor shots, and this is where I could see the difference. The new bezel has the cherry tone in the red, which I love so much, and a bit of pastel but still glossy under lighting like the MK II bezel it's replicating.

I'm very satisfied with the watch, it's a small but subtle change that likely only us rep nerds will notice. I feel more confident wearing this out however, and the color of the bezel no longer bothers me like the V1 did. After all the only thing that matter is how I like the watch right? The bezel action feels better now as well and it clicks more firmly into place than the old version. The 3285 is also a welcome improvement for me since mine was the old VR3186 model. Everything else is the same, except maybe the bracelet tolerances are a little tighter (it was hard getting the screws out). Overall very happy! If you've been holding out for a GMT rep this might be the time to pull the trigger!

nycwatchguy1989

15/1/16
East Coast
Here’s the new clean version. I’ve had xing pepsi bezels and a few of the cf v1 issue and this is definitely superior. Both the blue and red hues are clearly closest to gen for a stock factory. Enjoy!! (Ps last pic is a franken dd40 (dial, xtal, bezel), a franken CF 126613 (xtal) and this stock CF.
see