• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean GMT-II Pepsi updated bezel insert V2/V2s review and comparison

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
It's what I said last year on a thread here: Rolex has released 4 versions of the ceramic pepsi bezel. So I'm guessing one if not both of the CF versions are close to one of the four Rolex released.

Back to CF versions: I prefer V2. I don't know why the red in the V2 is bothering so many.
because it's pink :)

Reactions: daytonadude

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Well to my eyes it's not pink. But whatever. If you don't like it, don't buy it. And if enough don't buy it then CF will correct it.

rhern213

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/2/14
I know this is controversial, but I think I prefer V1 !
I really want to like this new insert, but the red is.... pink?
The insert also looks really fat compared to V1 - smaller lip. I think more ugly?
Just compare the photos of users above from V1 to V2

The red in the V2 looks pink when you compare it side by side to the V1. When you look at it separately it does not seem pink. Same as the purple tone on the blue. The pink and purple tone is more accurate to how the Gen Rolex is.

The fatness I think is just your eyes playing tricks on you, they're identical thickness in in person.

Either way it's all personal preference. Like @mmaggi I was an advocate for the V1 for the simple reason that even Rolex changes the color tones every year because they can't keep it consistent. There is no right or wrong version, just whatever you prefer. I like the CF V1 over the Xing bezel, but in comparison to the V2 I can't unsee the brown tone of the red now. Consider it lucky that you'll be able to get the V1 much cheaper now. 😄

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
The red in the V2 looks pink when you compare it side by side to the V1. When you look at it separately it does not seem pink. Same as the purple tone on the blue. The pink and purple tone is more accurate to how the Gen Rolex is.

The fatness I think is just your eyes playing tricks on you, they're identical thickness in in person.

Either way it's all personal preference. Like @mmaggi I was an advocate for the V1 for the simple reason that even Rolex changes the color tones every year because they can't keep it consistent. There is no right or wrong version, just whatever you prefer. I like the CF V1 over the Xing bezel, but in comparison to the V2 I can't unsee the brown tone of the red now. Consider it lucky that you'll be able to get the V1 much cheaper now. 😄
☝️

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
So I got my v2 watch today, with the new inlay. Here is what happened after a wash in water and soap. The “platinum” came off :)

I swear, you can’t make this shit up

Old v1 vs new v2

Unbelievable 🤦🏻‍♂️

Zeddius

4/9/22
So I got my v2 watch today, with the new inlay. Here is what happened after a wash in water and soap. The “platinum” came off :)

Old v1 vs new v2

Now thats something taken straight outta horor movie. Unbelievably big error if this applies to more copies.
I feel for you mate 😔

Reactions: 2841

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
2/10/09

Old v1 vs new v2
Did it wash off the "gloss" too or is that just dried soap on the insert?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Now thats something taken straight outta horor movie. Unbelievably big error if this applies to more copies.
I feel for you mate 😔
Same story with the batman i just received :(

Zeddius

4/9/22
Same story with the batman i just received :(
Aw man.... 😔
Maybe @CTime can shed some light on this and perhaps look this up if this applies to other copies as well?

Hopefully you can sort this out mate cause it seems like a huge error if you ask me and somewhat dishonest if done on purpose.

Reactions: David1886 and 2841

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
I washed my watch 3 times in total, including the day I bought it, and I did not encounter such a problem. Note: I have V2 GMT.

Reactions: dk2852

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
That seems to be lacking some kind of protective coating... daaamnnn :oops:

LongyUK

Certified
9/3/21
That sucks. Back to Xing as the best one available

If you like your 1 & 8 to be two completely different colours sat side by side....

I excitedly bought an Xing. It was great for a couple of weeks then unwearable due to platinum fade. Its on is way back from ussdasein after a platinum fill but i have to say the jury is out on the QC's i've been sent.

All I want is a good Pepsi bezel with long lasting bright numbers........ Is it too much to ask????

My batmans have all seemed much better.

Reactions: leo6929 and dk2852