• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
In case I missed it. We still don’t know what dial dimension this “new” BP 5 digits will have right? So no idea if ordering a gen dial yet until it’s confirmed?
See this post bro. It is not 100% confirmed but nothing else about the case appears different so I'd be totally shocked if BP made the rehaut opening any different.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
HMGoun.jpeg

HMGYdY.jpeg

HMGIj3.jpeg

HMGOIs.jpeg

HMGyJD.jpeg

HMG9Wk.jpeg

HMGnlo.jpeg

HMG6fJ.jpeg

HMGr2P.jpeg

HMGt6W.jpeg

HMGBuS.jpeg

HMGljQ.jpeg

HMGpOL.jpeg

HMGCdR.jpeg

HMGPJ8.jpeg

HMGXaK.jpeg

HMGdlv.jpeg

HMGkF1.jpeg

HMG4Aj.jpeg

HMGM64.jpeg

HMGsvI.jpeg

HMGvjc.jpeg

HMG7OX.jpeg

HMGEki.jpeg

HMGNJb.jpeg

HMGfap.jpeg

HMGFp5.jpeg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Gen for ref
BP is not that far off. GEN dial is a bit more crisp.
Here's a QC pic of a 16613 LB from Sept 2022.

HMJgWi.jpeg

I don't see any significant differences in the new LB other than the pearl looks a tad smaller (more visible triangle). The dial looks unchanged, shame it doesn't pop more.

HMVWFD.jpeg

HMVLJ3.jpeg

Here's a good gen pic

HMJVxX.jpeg

Using the cyclops as a frame of reference to set scale, side by side pics can easily be slid around to compare different elements. I think these models are essentially unchanged except for the movement so if you are OK with a slightly narrower insert and a wire clip bezel, they are a good bang for the buck IMO. They will take a gen-spec crystal so there's that. Other than that personally I wouldn't change anything else.

A possible gold text dial improvement would be a 6 digit dial and swap the maxi markers for the stock BP ones. A larger spot of remaining glue residue can be a dealbreaker but I have removed markers from 6 digit dials that left none.

HMJJXc.jpeg

HMJxII.jpeg

HMJbZ4.jpeg

HMJSuj.jpeg

HMJGn1.jpeg

HMJFhv.jpeg

HMJRfK.jpeg

HMJNQ8.jpeg

HMJEUR.jpeg

HMJvxL.jpeg

HMJuXQ.jpeg

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Great job as your usual @KJ2020 , let's judge that it is completely OFF , now I understand why TT didp the photos with 200000 kw of light!!!! But for the price are honest sale

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
Also Sillan on Alibaba has some good ones but minimum order is two, $38.00 each

I did find this one. I might try to buy two insert (keep one as spare as aluminum insert tends to get banged up).

Reactions: KJ2020

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I did find this one. I might try to buy two insert (keep one as spare as aluminum insert tends to get banged up).

You can get a genuine insert in good condition on eBay for about the price of two newly minted fake ones. It’s not a huge hurdle if you are interested in authenticity.

Here’s why. A ref 16610 may range in age from more than 45 years old (1987) to merely 13 years (2010). A perfect insert on a (let’s split the difference) 20-year old watch doesn’t look right. Likewise, as far as my experience, fake aged bezel inserts don’t look right either. At least I don’t think so.

So why compromise when you don’t have to?

If you want to go vintage, and I think that’s a great idea, pick a date in that 1987-2010 span, look up photos of watches fitting your chosen date and then search for a dial and insert to match.

Or maybe you already have a dial and handset you want to use, then find an insert based on what you have.

Just my two cents.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
You can get a genuine insert in good condition on eBay for about the price of two newly minted fake ones. It’s not a huge hurdle if you are interested in authenticity.

Here’s why. A ref 16610 may range in age from more than 45 years old (1987) to merely 13 years (2010). A perfect insert on a (let’s split the difference) 20-year old watch doesn’t look right. Likewise, as far as my experience, fake aged bezel inserts don’t look right either. At least I don’t think so.

So why compromise when you don’t have to?

If you want to go vintage, and I think that’s a great idea, pick a date in that 1987-2010 span, look up photos of watches fitting your chosen date and then search for a dial and insert to match.

Or maybe you already have a dial and handset you want to use, then find an insert based on what you have.

Just my two cents.
would a gen insert fit the BP?

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
Here's a QC pic of a 16613 LB from Sept 2022.

HMJgWi.jpeg

I don't see any significant differences in the new LB other than the pearl looks a tad smaller (more visible triangle). The dial looks unchanged, shame it doesn't pop more.

HMVWFD.jpeg

HMVLJ3.jpeg

Here's a good gen pic

HMJVxX.jpeg

Using the cyclops as a frame of reference to set scale, side by side pics can easily be slid around to compare different elements. I think these models are essentially unchanged except for the movement so if you are OK with a slightly narrower insert and a wire clip bezel, they are a good bang for the buck IMO. They will take a gen-spec crystal so there's that. Other than that personally I wouldn't change anything else.

A possible gold text dial improvement would be a 6 digit dial and swap the maxi markers for the stock BP ones. A larger spot of remaining glue residue can be a dealbreaker but I have removed markers from 6 digit dials that left none.

HMJJXc.jpeg

HMJxII.jpeg

HMJbZ4.jpeg

HMJSuj.jpeg

HMJGn1.jpeg

HMJFhv.jpeg

HMJRfK.jpeg

HMJNQ8.jpeg

HMJEUR.jpeg

HMJvxL.jpeg

HMJuXQ.jpeg

I think 16610 Bp will be very good