• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Re-Releases 5-Digit Submariners with VR3135

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
would a gen insert fit the BP?
"Insert is too narrow - not gen-spec"

"so if you are OK with a slightly narrower insert and a wire clip bezel, they are a good bang for the buck IMO."

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
You can get a genuine insert in good condition on eBay for about the price of two newly minted fake ones. It’s not a huge hurdle if you are interested in authenticity.

Here’s why. A ref 16610 may range in age from more than 45 years old (1987) to merely 13 years (2010). A perfect insert on a (let’s split the difference) 20-year old watch doesn’t look right. Likewise, as far as my experience, fake aged bezel inserts don’t look right either. At least I don’t think so.

So why compromise when you don’t have to?

If you want to go vintage, and I think that’s a great idea, pick a date in that 1987-2010 span, look up photos of watches fitting your chosen date and then search for a dial and insert to match.

Or maybe you already have a dial and handset you want to use, then find an insert based on what you have.

Just my two cents.
The serial on those BPs are 2007/8 M series. If one where to chase GEN parts for a build that is the year they need to obtain.

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
I much prefer a genuine insert and dial. I’m interested in more info on that Sillian case as I’m thinking about grabbing a couple.

Reactions: Mr.Swackhammer

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@Karbon74 I put a gen bezel insert into the BP bezel, and was quite happy with the outcome but you have to file the outer perimeter quite extensively. :/ I enjoy the stock inserts and their pips though enough for sure.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I much prefer a genuine insert and dial. I’m interested in more info on that Sillian case as I’m thinking about grabbing a couple.
I think it's this one

happy to get a confirmation from a previous buyer

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
@Karbon74 I put a gen bezel insert into the BP bezel, and was quite happy with the outcome but you have to file the outer perimeter quite extensively. :/ I enjoy the stock inserts and their pips though enough for sure.
It's lightly unfortunate to sand GEN part imho.

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK

happy to get a confirmation from a previous buyer

I grabbed one of these while I was waiting for QC on one of the v2 ARF 16610’s..

Arrived in 6 days, quality is great and will likely buy another. Also the crown guards are not as short and stubby as the ARF case. Almost a PCG but not quite..

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The pleasure is in the modding for me. And the fun in making a gen part fit. Do you mod your own watches?
I am still at cheap modding vintages for the moment. Not ready yet to tackle gen parts

and for modern watches, stock or I would leave the modding to a pro. A vintage can take my abuse, modern you just cannot mess up

Reactions: DeLoMan

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
but is an ARG/RAF or a BP better? what are the relevant differences, movement aside

Timmer

Known Member
Patron
Certified
17/1/22
Hmmm - is it though...for me, I like having the gen spec foundation to franken that one gets with the ARF/RAF Sillian.
But I admit - I do prefer the CGs on the BPs.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Hmmm - is it though...for me, I like having the gen spec foundation to franken that one gets with the ARF/RAF Sillian.
But I admit - I do prefer the CGs on the BPs.
there are some raf/arf with pretty good cgs, better than BP imo.. just got this one.. sorry for the off topic

Hs6ZS2.jpeg