• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

FaekieOne

18/1/22
Funny you guys mention Blige builds consisting of little more than dial swaps. They have the retro version of the gmt root beer I want minus the Rolex logo’s. Without the logos it loses something for me. That got me thinking that I’m going to have to Frankenstein a monster of my own together. I seen an arf band on aliexpress for an arm and leg and I thought yep that’s the same band as on my $50 shitter. Where’s the best place to get good old style rep dials bands and clasps? Are used parts the only option? I appreciate any advice you fellow have.
Sorry, but this is a wrong thread for a cheap vintage GMT build.

Scotchman

Still New
16/7/23
USA
Purchased a few bezels from Alibaba seller Sillan mentioned earlier in this thread. Some speculated they were similar/same to RAF parts. I picked up a LN and LV. The bezel are very nice and look better than the standard ARF - the LN has the correct "2" for the 20.

The outer diameter is just small enough to where it doesn't click and stay in like a factory/ARF bezel. So it would require the provided adhesive tape. Although it doesn't click in, there doesn't appear to be any noticeable gap - I installed without tape just to see.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Purchased a few bezels from Alibaba seller Sillan mentioned earlier in this thread. Some speculated they were similar/same to RAF parts. I picked up a LN and LV. The bezel are very nice and look better than the standard ARF - the LN has the correct "2" for the 20.

The outer diameter is just small enough to where it doesn't click and stay in like a factory/ARF bezel. So it would require the provided adhesive tape. Although it doesn't click in, there doesn't appear to be any noticeable gap - I installed without tape just to see.

Do you have a way to measure the OD?

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Received some QC of the Flat 4 Kermit today. Looks pretty nice to me, crown screwed down tight is already an improvement to the RAF. Excited to compare to my RAF Kermit V2 which I'll be converting to a 16610LN.
Can you post a lume shot?

It seems the lume difference on dial markers and hands have been fixed, but hard to tell from day light picture.

Reactions: Thecloudhopper

dk2852

2/2/22
Someone in the thread actually posted that he received one with incorrect blue lume.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Thought this might be useful.
Crown guard comparison between the Sillan case and recent ARF. Sillan case is on the left.

Both could do with a slight recessing of the crown tube..

This looks pretty ok. Don’t forget that gen also have quite a gap.

Here’s a few random Google image pictures :
Hv8WX8.jpeg

Hv8axK.jpeg

Hv8UqR.jpeg

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Correct lume color was always there. Just not consistent on hands and dial markers.
This seems to be better now.
Unfotunally not mate, from picture you can see easily that the lume it’s exactly the same weak lume on hands and lume dot on bezel

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
This looks pretty ok. Don’t forget that gen also have quite a gap.

Here’s a few random Google image pictures :
Hv8WX8.jpeg

Hv8axK.jpeg

Hv8UqR.jpeg
Exactly this.. That’s the point! Most of peoples here seems that want to have the crown that is perfectly flat with the case but in reality this it isn’t in genuine, also in more recent 116610 digits sub.

The “gap” is present also in the gen and is more pronunced on rep because rep tube have a more concave angle that is more long and pronunced compared with gen. So when you have the crown completly screw down the gap is more present with the rep tube. To avoid this people countersink their case, so this part of the tube goes inside the case (that is totally wrong). The result? Just ruined their midcase forever, because this in reality need to be counterbored, like genuine case, and not countesinked.

If you install a genuine tube this will be to much outside bacause the lip of it, if the case is not properly countersinked, still present e remains outside the case.

Last edited:

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Does the ARF V2 still have the problem of the bezel with springbar that needs to be replaced?