• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
What is I told you that there is no real difference…;)
There is. I've had 5 different RAF and ARF watches in hand over the last 2 months, so far, i've seen 3 different case variations (Main difference is crown guards) and 2 different bracelet/clasp variations. 2 different crystals, and there is a difference in dials, and inlays both on the LN and LV

Reactions: xZeroCoolx

Reaps

Currently a Seadweller Enthusiast
25/9/22
There is. I've had 5 different RAF and ARF watches in hand over the last 2 months, so far, i've seen 3 different case variations (Main difference is crown guards) and 2 different bracelet/clasp variations. 2 different crystals, and there is a difference in dials, and inlays both on the LN and LV
ARF = Always Randomized Factory
RAF = Random Ass Factory

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12

I’ve had RAFs with AR stickers and RAF with RA stickers. They were the same exact watch but different versions. The LN I got was the wrong crown and protruding tube, LV was correct crown & better tube. Both suffered from the loose bezel issues.

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12

I’ve had RAFs with AR stickers and RAF with RA stickers. They were the same exact watch but different versions. The LN I got was the wrong crown and protruding tube, LV was correct crown & better tube. Both suffered from the loose bezel issues.

Lampa

Known Member
9/5/20
Nordic
ARF v2 mk1 dial with RAF lumedots and raf hands.

HkaZJk.jpeg

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
@Lampa you make it look too easy!

@FaekieOne I feel your pain. I just finished my first proper build - certainly a little more involved than a seikomod.. ! Spent nearly half an hour just trying to seat the seconds hand correctly let alone trying to keep the dial scratch free..

And…How TF do you guys keep the damn dust away. I must have cleaned my dial and crystal 10 times and was still finding bits !

• Love
Reactions: Lampa and FaekieOne

FaekieOne

18/1/22
@Lampa you make it look too easy!

@FaekieOne I feel your pain. I just finished my first proper build - certainly a little more involved than a seikomod.. ! Spent nearly half an hour just trying to seat the seconds hand correctly let alone trying to keep the dial scratch free..

And…How TF do you guys keep the damn dust away. I must have cleaned my dial and crystal 10 times and was still finding bits !
I have a Seiko Mod -background kinda too. It got really boring and parts were mostly just crap or people just do "custom builds" that are just Blieger dial swaps.

BUT I think I managed to fit a NH35 inside a gen 1601 case. Had to remove the NH35's plastic movement spacer and make a custom one. Also the hands had to be installed after the movement is secured in. But I really think I succeeded. Haven't found decent hands yet though. And can't find my NH-stems.

Reactions: Yellowsubmarine

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Funny you guys mention Blige builds consisting of little more than dial swaps. They have the retro version of the gmt root beer I want minus the Rolex logo’s. Without the logos it loses something for me. That got me thinking that I’m going to have to Frankenstein a monster of my own together. I seen an arf band on aliexpress for an arm and leg and I thought yep that’s the same band as on my $50 shitter. Where’s the best place to get good old style rep dials bands and clasps? Are used parts the only option? I appreciate any advice you fellow have.

FaekieOne

18/1/22
Funny you guys mention Blige builds consisting of little more than dial swaps. They have the retro version of the gmt root beer I want minus the Rolex logo’s. Without the logos it loses something for me. That got me thinking that I’m going to have to Frankenstein a monster of my own together. I seen an arf band on aliexpress for an arm and leg and I thought yep that’s the same band as on my $50 shitter. Where’s the best place to get good old style rep dials bands and clasps? Are used parts the only option? I appreciate any advice you fellow have.
Sorry, but this is a wrong thread for a cheap vintage GMT build. This is ARF 16610 Submariner thread. Maybe start your own thread about GMT’s? You need a correct size dial (maybe BP from a TD or Raffles) and a DW overlay (Raffles). Cheap vintage bracelets and clasps are also available at Rafflesdials. Hands depend what movement you’re going to use.