• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
a question, but has the DW font in the new ARF v2 been corrected or is there still the risk of finding the bold one?

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
I noticed something today while browsing on Trustytime where there is a demonstration video of both the version with and without Rehaut.

In the version with Rehaut from the video you can clearly see the blue effect of the AR on the Cyclops.

In the one without Rehaut, however, the blue effect on the Cyclops is not there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's correct based on the years of production. In theory, the version with rehaut should be more recent and therefore have both the AR and the LEC at 6 o'clock. Thank you.

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
I noticed something today while browsing on Trustytime where there is a demonstration video of both the version with and without Rehaut.

In the version with Rehaut from the video you can clearly see the blue effect of the AR on the Cyclops.

In the one without Rehaut, however, the blue effect on the Cyclops is not there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's correct based on the years of production. In theory, the version with rehaut should be more recent and therefore have both the AR and the LEC at 6 o'clock. Thank you.

I’ve already write this about this thing few months ago mate :) What you have seend it’s correct.

Reactions: Zen_der and Nur-Uhr

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
I’ve already write this about this thing few months ago mate :) What you have seend it’s correct.
Forgive me, I must have missed it.

Although we can say that that blue reflection on the AR is an error. It shouldn't exist from what I see on gen right?

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Forgive me, I must have missed it.

Although we can say that that blue reflection on the AR is an error. It shouldn't exist from what I see on gen right?
I think what has been discussed is that ar cyclops is not anachronistic for the later 5 digits. The later ones were made in the time where Rolex transitioned from no ar to ar so you can make the argument that anything made from 2005 arguably could have an AR cyclops. I think the GMT was first then the subs, then the rest.

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
I didn't expect this blow and all this attention from ARF. Remarkable. However I am waiting QC for a LN without rehaut V2. what does this V2 concern?

Lolcat9995

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
31/5/23
UK
Sorry everyone, I've been digging through the BP and ARF threads to try and answer my own question but I can't be sure...
For 16610LV, what are the pros/cons of each factory and which is best overall ootb.
Not sure the ARF is worth about $150 USD more?
I think movement, crystal, bracelet are probably the most important factors for me as I will not be comparing to gen, just want something which will stand up to day to day wear.

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Sorry everyone, I've been digging through the BP and ARF threads to try and answer my own question but I can't be sure...
For 16610LV, what are the pros/cons of each factory and which is best overall ootb.
Not sure the ARF is worth about $150 USD more?
I think movement, crystal, bracelet are probably the most important factors for me as I will not be comparing to gen, just want something which will stand up to day to day wear.
If you're definitely not going to mod it, the BP is fine. Arguably better crown guards and now it has a VR movement as well.

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
If you're definitely not going to mod it, the BP is fine. Arguably better crown guards and now it has a VR movement as well.
@Lolcat9995 this ^^
But change the crystal to another one.
The absolute visible and too big LEC is an absolute tell.
Swap it to some ARF crystal (VSF) or a Swiss grade replacement or clarks crystal.

Reactions: rockdaytona

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
*mine is coming...it doesn't seem bad at all, the only thing that doesn't convince me are the SEL

Sorry for wrong translation

zerodreamy

29/6/23
Canada
This is true. Compared to the gen I notice the following differences, all of which are terribly minor:

1. As stated the SEL on this release is longer.
2. Case lugs are straight as opposed to slightly curved (this may vary by batch and be a non-issue)
3. The crown guard features slightly pointer outer edges
4. The Cyclops magnification is greater (this too may vary by batch and be a non-issue)
5. The pip's perimeter is a hair thicker
6. Bezel is askew, should align with the center of insert indices.

There may be more, but even the above were a pain to pick apart. It looks really good, I would be happy with it.

Reactions: FaekieOne

VintageSubEnjoyer

21/9/23
Finally have the watch in hand.

Lume difference on hands is a bit more apparent in person. Besides the RAF hands or anything through a TD, what would be my best options for LN hands?

Got quite a bit of modding to do but the watch should turn out nicely.

Reactions: Zen_der