• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Finally have the watch in hand.

Lume difference on hands is a bit more apparent in person. Besides the RAF hands or anything through a TD, what would be my best options for LN hands?

Got quite a bit of modding to do but the watch should turn out nicely.
i think the most ideal is a relume to obtain the same colour, as the quality of the hands is excellent

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Ah man I hate to jump in on a thread like this, but the knowledge here is incredible. You guys man, doing all the hard work 💪

Reactions: VintageSubEnjoyer

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I have learned so much here. Everyone has been crazy knowledgeable and eager to share what they know. favorite thread on the site and the reason I'm starting a second 16610 build.
I often find myself just reading build threads as some of the guys on here are just so talented. Proper boss stuff 💪

Reactions: shinynewbling25

Onoratoa54

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
29/1/19
Arf is not a good batch.
Sel is a Easy tell that Is a rep.
Crown guard too short.
I advice you to get bp version 😊

Reactions: rockdaytona

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Arf is not a good batch.
Sel is a Easy tell that Is a rep.
Crown guard too short.
I advice you to get bp version 😊
I think that if there is a difference in price there must be a reason... I don't think that our TD friends do charity. If BP didn't have VR it would cost half as much 😅

Tschacko

1/8/18
I am I wrong or is the dial in the LV rehaut version flawed ? There was no dial with a 1000 meter without the small serif on the 1.

Last edited:

dk2852

2/2/22
I received my ARF 16610LV today and finally I can do a head to head comparison. The cases are very similar and in terms of dimensions I couldn't find more than .1mm difference in diameter, lug to lug, or thickness. I think the crown guards might be slightly different, but I'll let you judge from the photos. ARF on the right, RAF V2 on the left with a V1 bezel insert and gen crown.

As you can see the crown screws down tighter on the ARF and the clasp stamping looks a bit better to me. The bracelet also feels more comfortable. The bezel click is still lousy, and I'll be putting a gen click spring and extra washer to remedy this. As for the lume, I don't see a huge difference. I know some complained about the hands having a weak lume, which they do. Lume is almost irrelevant to me, but I took a photo anyway.

As for my RAF I will be converting it to an LN soon with a Silix dial and gen LN insert. For now I love the ARF with the flat 4 bezel, I was planning on changing to the RAF insert but I really am happy with the color of the Flat 4.

dk2852

2/2/22
Got an update for you guys. The RAF and ARF have different size bezels. While converting the RAF to 16610LN I noticed the gen insert does not fit, it's slightly too big and will require sanding. The ARF on the other hand accepts a gen bezel, but as a consequence the RAF inserts will be too small and need to be glued in.
Here is some pictures of the Silix dial from Alibaba. The seller will send one dial if you message him directly. It fit very nicely onto the SH3135 movement with good date wheel position. I kept the RAF hands since I don't feel like buying a whole new handset for now.

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
Got an update for you guys. The RAF and ARF have different size bezels. While converting the RAF to 16610LN I noticed the gen insert does not fit, it's slightly too big and will require sanding. The ARF on the other hand accepts a gen bezel, but as a consequence the RAF inserts will be too small and need to be glued in.
Here is some pictures of the Silix dial from Alibaba. The seller will send one dial if you message him directly. It fit very nicely onto the SH3135 movement with good date wheel position. I kept the RAF hands since I don't feel like buying a whole new handset for now.

so you had to shave the gen insert for the raf? the gen insert measures 37.65 ?

loops

Still New
31/12/23
Lol just got an ln and it's a total joke. The bracelet is terrible, feels below seiko 5 level and is nowhere near a Gen. The hour markers are too small, the crown on the dial is wrong in proportion (too narrow), the font is funky etc. Of course the bezel click is terrible and I could not fit another washer and get the bezel to snap back into place. This is Bush league junk that isn't worth more than a $50 Canal street item. Into the drawer it goes.

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
Lol just got an ln and it's a total joke. The bracelet is terrible, feels below seiko 5 level and is nowhere near a Gen. The hour markers are too small, the crown on the dial is wrong in proportion (too narrow), the font is funky etc. Of course the bezel click is terrible and I could not fit another washer and get the bezel to snap back into place. This is Bush league junk that isn't worth more than a $50 Canal street item. Into the drawer it goes.
Which variant did you get? Aside from some small issues the LVs have been pretty good. Did you get an LN? If you sandwich click spring in between two washers.And put the bezel on without the insert, you can use tweezers to adjust the click spring. Once you get it feeling good you can then put the insert on. Additionally, subs in the 90s and 2000s were super jingly and jangly on bracelets as they were hollow.

loops

Still New
31/12/23
It's the arf black (ln) from a TD. I compared to a gen and if you really have an eye for detail, it's a mile off. the Gen bracelet isn't brilliant, but the arf bracelet is trash. The diver extension looks insanely bad.
As for the click spring, I could not for the life of me get the 2nd washer in and get the bezel seated. I put in a new spring with the original washer and it feels OK. That said, the other obvious issues render this pretty useless as you can't really unsee them.

Zen_der

Known Member
15/10/23
It's the arf black (ln) from a TD. I compared to a gen and if you really have an eye for detail, it's a mile off. the Gen bracelet isn't brilliant, but the arf bracelet is trash. The diver extension looks insanely bad.
As for the click spring, I could not for the life of me get the 2nd washer in and get the bezel seated. I put in a new spring with the original washer and it feels OK. That said, the other obvious issues render this pretty useless as you can't really unsee them.
Can you post pics ?

shotgun

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU

Compare to my gen 16613,ARF is stunning
I have installed new index,now lume match perfect to hands(Problem is index not the hands)
Sanded insert now is recessed
Rework SEL now is recessed
Installed new click spring and new ring,now bezel turn perfect!!
I have installed index with bolder edge,same to first fat four serial Y,index is not the same to F serial..love the result😍
Serial Y vs my ARF