• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Are people stacking the tensions washers or just replacing with the new one?

Reactions: Tattered

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I’ve never handled a gen 16610, I only have a gen 16710 so obviously not comparable. But I installed the new clickspring and new washer (not stacked) and didn’t really notice any appreciable difference. Can someone explain how the new click spring and washer are suppose to change the feel? More resistance? More clicky? Less?

Reactions: johnlogan

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland
I’ve never handled a gen 16610, I only have a gen 16710 so obviously not comparable. But I installed the new clickspring and new washer (not stacked) and didn’t really notice any appreciable difference. Can someon explain how the new click spring and washer are suppose to change the feel? More resistance? More clicky? Less?
Never handled a gen either but looked YT videos and listen to the gen click - and the new spring was definitely a crisper sound and much closer to gen.
By using just one spacer, the bezel was very loose and had some play. After staking both spacers, it was difficult to pur the bezel back but after installing it , all the backplay was gone. Maybe try staking them?

But then again, maybe your 16610 didn't hace any issues to begin with , so that could explain why you didn't notice any difference

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Never handled a gen either but looked YT videos and listen to the gen click - and the new spring was definitely a crisper sound and much closer to gen.
By using just one spacer, the bezel was very loose and had some play. After staking both spacers, it was difficult to pur the bezel back but after installing it , all the backplay was gone. Maybe try staking them?

But then again, maybe your 16610 didn't hace any issues to begin with , so that could explain why you didn't notice any difference
Thanks. Yah, I ordered the parts before even getting the watch (they were cheap enough) based on feedback here.

I had a difficult time replacing the bezel even with one washer. Seems mine didn’t need these mods.

Oh well!

Reactions: krizzy and mcboom

Yellowsubmarine

Patron
Certified
17/5/23
UK
@trash3939
@KJ2020

Just to update you; I picked up an RAF case which has a rehaut opening of 26.8mm (roughly). The 28.5mm raffles dial seems to slot in nicely and the minute markers at the 6 o’clock area are still showing slightly. I’m pleased with how this looks..

Thank you both for the guidance.
Now I just need a few more bits to arrive and can put her together.

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/10/19
@trash3939
@KJ2020

Just to update you; I picked up an RAF case which has a rehaut opening of 26.8mm (roughly). The 28.5mm raffles dial seems to slot in nicely and the minute markers at the 6 o’clock area are still showing slightly. I’m pleased with how this looks..

Thank you both for the guidance.
Now I just need a few more bits to arrive and can put her together.

I have installed Italian 93150 on 455b end links.
I look forward to seeing the finished pictures.
HX64cE.jpeg

Len

Len
1/11/23
Skit sounds like everyone prefers the ARF subs over Clean and other makers. Is everyone pretty much in agreement on that? Or does it depend on which sub you are ordering?

Len

Len
1/11/23
I’d like to see some competition trying to make “better and better” 5 digits.

Let’s see a VSF 16613 Bluesy!
Pardon my ignorance, but was is the the difference between 5 or 6 digits? Does that refer to the model number? I’m looking at the most current Batman/batgirl model. Is there a bezel problem on the 6 digit clean version?

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Pardon my ignorance, but was is the the difference between 5 or 6 digits? Does that refer to the model number? I’m looking at the most current Batman/batgirl model. Is there a bezel problem on the 6 digit clean version?
5 digits are the older slimmer cases with aluminum inserts. 6 digits are the newer models with ceramic inserts.

(For Subs and GMTs that is).

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12

I have a clean BatGirl and absolutely love it

• Love
Reactions: mcboom

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU
Basically, the 5 digits are older models, produced from the late 80s to late noughties: smaller cases and aluminium inserts.

6 digits are the current and previous generations: larger cases and ceramic inserts.

Batman is a 6-digit gmt.

Reactions: mcboom