• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF silently released new 16610LN's and 16610LV's

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland
Thanks very much! I also found the clickspring from them.
If you scroll back few pages, there has been some other links , I think from WSO.

Shipping to Switzerland was 40$ so went with different seller.

But anyway very cheap and effective mod, makes a world of difference

• Love
Reactions: mclarendude

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So reporting back on the bezel mod that has been recommended by @KJ2020 , to add a washer and replace the click spring.
Extremely easy to do and it has now the gen-like click.
The shim that I got was quite thin so no sanding required.
Spring also works great and doesn't have as much back play as stock
Few pics of the process:

1. After bezel removal and spring removed

2. Stock bezel and spring

3. Replacement spring and washer from eBay seller Watchbandman50

4. New Spring installed, great click on it's own.

5. Bezel reinstalled - still loose

6. After adding the washer and reinstalling it all, very satisfied with the result.

Good deal bro, glad it's sorted. I wouldn't be using your bezel as a fidget spinner, though - the bezel teeth are showing some wear. Plenty of life left for normal use but easy on the frivolous freewheelin' haha.

• Haha
Reactions: mcboom and krizzy

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland
Good deal bro, glad it's sorted. I wouldn't be using your bezel as a fidget spinner, though - the bezel teeth are showing some wear. Plenty of life left for normal use but easy on the frivolous freewheelin' haha.
Sharp eyes!
But indeed guilty of playing with the bezel too much haha. For a potential replace, is the WSO a good one? Thanks !

krizzy

Patron
Certified
18/4/17
Switzerland
Sharp eyes!
But indeed guilty of playing with the bezel too much haha. For a potential replace, is the WSO a good one? Thanks !

Scotchman

Still New
16/7/23
USA
My 11610 came in last night. I pulled off the caseback and confirmed this is the newer SH movement (forgot to take pics). I was planning to swap in the VS3135 movement I have, however after tweaking around on the timegrapher I was able to regulate it good enough that I might not mess with it.

Here is the 16610 next to a Seikolex I built, waiting on some Mil Spec style hands to swap.

114060 and 16610

Overall happy with the ARF 16610, seems like a good foundation.

Some notes:

The bezel action is meh, I have a new friction gasket and click spring on the way so that should take care of that issue.

The bezel pip seems to be a little "larger" or "higher" than the original V2. However the "long 2" on the 20 remains. I have two bezel inserts coming and will try them out - will post update pics.

Not sold on the Cyclops yet. I think it's an eyesore. Perhaps if I swapped in a crystal with the AR coating under it might be better. Any suggestions on a high quality aftermarket crystal?

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
My 11610 came in last night. I pulled off the caseback and confirmed this is the newer SH movement (forgot to take pics). I was planning to swap in the VS3135 movement I have, however after tweaking around on the timegrapher I was able to regulate it good enough that I might not mess with it.

Here is the 16610 next to a Seikolex I built, waiting on some Mil Spec style hands to swap.

114060 and 16610

Some notes:

The bezel action is meh, I have a new friction gasket and click spring on the way so that should take care of that issue.

The bezel pip seems to be a little "larger" or "higher" than the original V2. However the "long 2" on the 20 remains. I have two bezel inserts coming and will try them out - will post update pics.

Not sold on the Cyclops yet. I think it's an eyesore. Perhaps if I swapped in a crystal with the AR coating under it might be better. Any suggestions on a high quality aftermarket crystal?
Eyy another Seikomod enjoyer

HCu62P.jpeg

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Patron
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois

114060 and 16610

Some notes:

I would go with VSF or Deep crystal. Very budget friendly and close to gen AR.

Reactions: Scotchman

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Nice! I'd be interested in where you sourced that dial! All the Marine Master ones I've found have that glued on logo, not the nicer printed one like you have.

The store I got it from is gone now. It's the only enameled/lacquered sub style marinemaster dial I've found on Aliexpress. It's a bit weird with the Prospex logo on top and the hyphen in Marinemaster but it looks real good in hand. The case is an NH35 6-digit sub case I sanded down and shaped to look like a 5-digit sub. Swapped out the ceramic bezel insert for an aluminum.

The other one I made but getting off topic haha

HCvkPD.jpeg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Clark's crystals with AR cyclops (Ebay) are a nice upgrade. I've used quite a few of them and actually considered putting one on my gen 16710. The gen no LEC no AR crystals never suited me. In the end I put a gen B25-295-CAR-C1 on my 16710, but Clark's are a decent improvement over a lot of stock rep 5 digit crystals.

Same watch
15654599942670.jpg

16681050084592.jpg

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Clark's crystals with AR cyclops (Ebay) are a nice upgrade. I've used quite a few of them and actually considered putting one on my gen 16710. The gen no LEC no AR crystals never suited me. In the end I put a gen B25-295-CAR-C1 on my 16710, but Clark's are a decent improvement over a lot of stock rep 5 digit crystals.

Same watch
15654599942670.jpg

16681050084592.jpg

Mate i’ve a question about gen tube installing. Do u know if these cases have already 3x0.35 theard or these need to be drilled and then retapped? Ofcourse, the counterbored also :) tnx!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Mate i’ve a question about gen tube installing. Do u know if these cases have already 3x0.35 thread or these need to be drilled and then retapped? Ofcourse, the counterbored also :) tnx!
I can't say firsthand bro, maybe @pompompurin can chime in. He installed a gen crown, but on the rep tube IIRC.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Mate i’ve a question about gen tube installing. Do u know if these cases have already 3x0.35 theard or these need to be drilled and then retapped? Ofcourse, the counterbored also :) tnx!

Regardless of whether the tube is claimed to be gen spec, all tube holes need to be tapped prior to upgrading the tube to clean any remaining debris like glue residue and to make sure there are no tolerance issues (e.g., rep factory's tapping tools can get dull over time).

Gaspacho

24/5/23
EU

114060 and 16610

Some notes:

Off topic but does the 114060 wear much larger than the16610?