• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Did you find a 1869 Piece set? I found a +-300 pc on Ali, that looks great.

The one I found was ~300 pieces and it has something like 30/30 positive reviews. 100% seller rating for the item. I read through the reviews and everyone said the quality of the product was excellent and the whole ordering process was great. I haven't ordered it yet but I feel like I need to pull the trigger fast with these Ali E items. You just never know when the seller is going to flake out or if they are going to run out of stock.

Just out of curiosity, I tried searching for the Lego Death Star or the Lego Millenium Falcon. These are no longer made and are massively expensive because of the number of pieces. Ridiculously expensive, so you would never actually buy it. I thought if I could find it on Ali E then it could be worth it.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The rep is a different shade of navy to be fair.the horse is always a good inch or so out !!!! Like having rolex on your sub (omega on your seamaster. ..you get the picture) a few mm lower. ...sure youd notice the differance then

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

So the gen is centered between the button hem and the armpit seem. Right?

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
So the gen is centered between the button hem and the armpit seem. Right?
Yup.all my gens have exact placement and all reps ive had are always above the button hem.they should be below and to the right a tad. Sounds picky but just so annoying as the rest is bang on

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Has your gen been washed a few times? I always wash them inside out, like jeans, and in cool water. That color comparison looks very similar to my gen black and gen navy blue RL Polos when they are side by side. My gen navy is really dark. It almost looks black in some light. I bet that rep one will fade to a lighter shade in no time. That's the one thing about the gens that is incredible. They literally hardly fade at all.

I'm thinking of trying out a few of them to round out my selection for colors that I don't already have, such as orange, purple, brown, and light blue or turquoise. I wonder how long these will last? I got a really beautiful shade of royal blue at the Polo Outlet way way back in 1988. Keep in mind this is gen, and after 27 years of very regular wearing during the summer and laundering, it is still in fantastic condition. The color has hardly faded and the fabric is in fantastic condition. It is still one of my favorite Polos because the color is so cool.

Got a few more of those ralph polos today.still good quality .just the horse/pony is always a tad high. (Gen navy/red ...rep navy yellow) labels on neck etc almost identical.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Has your gen been washed a few times? I always wash them inside out, like jeans, and in cool water. That color comparison looks very similar to my gen black and gen navy blue RL Polos when they are side by side. My gen navy is really dark. It almost looks black in some light. I bet that rep one will fade to a lighter shade in no time. That's the one thing about the gens that is incredible. They literally hardly fade at all.

I'm thinking of trying out a few of them to round out my selection for colors that I don't already have, such as orange, purple, brown, and light blue or turquoise. I wonder how long these will last? I got a really beautiful shade of royal blue at the Polo Outlet way way back in 1988. Keep in mind this is gen, and after 27 years of very regular wearing during the summer and laundering, it is still in fantastic condition. The color has hardly faded and the fabric is in fantastic condition. It is still one of my favorite Polos because the color is so cool.

You old bro! ;)

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
You old bro! ;)

LOL no kidding. I got that thing my sophomore year in high school. :) Good news is I can still wear all of those clothes... well, except for pants. I found a few pairs of my old Girbaud jeans and I can't wear those anymore. LOL Nor would I want to.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14

Its a differant navy .just shown to compare horses not colour lol

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Modern gen rl polos would never last that long !!!! The quality isnt great these days

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Its a differant navy .just shown to compare horses not colour lol

No prob. So which seller are you using again? The one originally posted for the RL Polos or the 2nd one (I think you posted that one, too?)

I'm looking for some of the RL sailing polos. I saw a site online that has all of the various RL Polos they made for various sports, Olympic sponsorships, etc. and they had some awesome sailing ones for various teams. Have you seen any of those on Ali? I'd trust those over an online store.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
No prob. So which seller are you using again? The one originally posted for the RL Polos or the 2nd one (I think you posted that one, too?)

I'm looking for some of the RL sailing polos. I saw a site online that has all of the various RL Polos they made for various sports, Olympic sponsorships, etc. and they had some awesome sailing ones for various teams. Have you seen any of those on Ali? I'd trust those over an online store.
Yes ive been using the established seller. Ive so far got ..navy(pic), red, burgundy, sky blue, royal blue and purple. They are great for £10 just wish after all there effort they would place the pony correctly ..haha

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Modern gen rl polos would never last that long !!!! The quality isnt great these days

It is funny you should say that. I have a hunter green RL Polo that I bought in 1999 or 2000. Again, it gets worn a lot and laundered as do all of my Polos. The material is the textured woven cotton versus the smooth finish cotton. This shirt has faded quite a bit and actually has some slight fading across the top of the shoulders, where the sun mainly hits it. Very strange. I have cheap $5 Old Navy polos that I use for mowing the lawn and doing yardwork that don't fade like that.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Yes ive been using the established seller. Ive so far got ..navy(pic), red, burgundy, sky blue, royal blue and purple. They are great for £10 just wish after all there effort they would place the pony correctly ..haha

No kidding. Just set up the embroidery machine correctly. They already had the gen shirt right there to scan the image of the pony into their machine. LOL

Here's what I am looking for. I don't know how to search for it on Ali E unless I do a search for sailing polos or something? This link is for a web seller and I have no idea if these are worth buying or not. I am only showing it for the pics. Have you seen these anywhere?

http://www.ralphlaurenen.com/Men-Sailboat-Shirt.html

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
It is funny you should say that. I have a hunter green RL Polo that I bought in 1999 or 2000. Again, it gets worn a lot and laundered as do all of my Polos. The material is the textured woven cotton versus the smooth finish cotton. This shirt has faded quite a bit and actually has some slight fading across the top of the shoulders, where the sun mainly hits it. Very strange. I have cheap $5 Old Navy polos that I use for mowing the lawn and doing yardwork that don't fade like that.
As with all clothing brands.they outsource the manufacturer to cheaper countries etc. They use differant quality and makers for differant countries and markets. My uncle years ago had the contract to make rl robes and towels . Hes now bankrupt !!!!

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
No kidding. Just set up the embroidery machine correctly. They already had the gen shirt right there to scan the image of the pony into their machine. LOL

Here's what I am looking for. I don't know how to search for it on Ali E unless I do a search for sailing polos or something? This link is for a web seller and I have no idea if these are worth buying or not. I am only showing it for the pics. Have you seen these anywhere?

http://www.ralphlaurenen.com/Men-Sailboat-Shirt.html
I have seen them but cannot remember where. Il inbox u a link if I find them

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
I have seen them but cannot remember where. Il inbox u a link if I find them

Very cool. Thank you. That's a shame about your uncle. I think a lot of this happened back around 1997 when they went public. I bought stock in the IPO and I still have those shares today. I mainly have it because the annual report is like a fashion magazine. It's unreal. LOL After they went public I think a lot of those contracts started getting changed and outsourced to cheap, crappy suppliers. When I go through my closet and look at the tags for shirts, it is like looking at an atlas. These are literally identical shirts but they are being made in countries all over the globe for the same shirt. Seems crazy to me.

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Very cool. Thank you. That's a shame about your uncle. I think a lot of this happened back around 1997 when they went public. I bought stock in the IPO and I still have those shares today. I mainly have it because the annual report is like a fashion magazine. It's unreal. LOL After they went public I think a lot of those contracts started getting changed and outsourced to cheap, crappy suppliers. When I go through my closet and look at the tags for shirts, it is like looking at an atlas. These are literally identical shirts but they are being made in countries all over the globe for the same shirt. Seems crazy to me.
All about more profit unfortunately :-(

keeperke

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/15
The one I found was ~300 pieces and it has something like 30/30 positive reviews. 100% seller rating for the item. I read through the reviews and everyone said the quality of the product was excellent and the whole ordering process was great. I haven't ordered it yet but I feel like I need to pull the trigger fast with these Ali E items. You just never know when the seller is going to flake out or if they are going to run out of stock.

Just out of curiosity, I tried searching for the Lego Death Star or the Lego Millenium Falcon. These are no longer made and are massively expensive because of the number of pieces. Ridiculously expensive, so you would never actually buy it. I thought if I could find it on Ali E then it could be worth it.

Exactly I was hoping to find some of those Lego display models on there, but those 200$ models apparently aren't on Ali. Still gonna buy a couple of those Decool boxes, pricing is great and quality seems fine too.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Exactly I was hoping to find some of those Lego display models on there, but those 200$ models apparently aren't on Ali. Still gonna buy a couple of those Decool boxes, pricing is great and quality seems fine too.

Here in the US, the Batmobile set is $199 and it comes with a Batman minifigure and a Joker minifigure. $200 for a Lego set is crazy, but to get it for $20 on Ali E I am absolutely going to buy it for my kids. Those big display models (the Death Star and the Millenium Falcon) I think were over $500 here. That's crazy. I think the Death Star came with over 30 guys though. My kids have the Lego Star Wars encyclopedia and it shows pics and descriptions of every set and guy ever made. I think the Death Star had the most pieces out of any of the Star Wars sets. There was even an Imperial Star Destroyer set. That would be awesome.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Are there Xbox 360 games on Ali? I've tried searching but I cannot find any games. Only controllers and various hardware components.