• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn Regulateur Technik Issues

mostlygone

Known Member
10/7/12
I just received my Sinn Regulateur Technik from Ryan - excellent transaction as always and the watch is absolutely stunning. This is my first regulator movement watch and although this is supposed to be a very accurate timekeeper, it is very fast - maybe 5 minutes per hour. Is this the result of over winding (and how much should it be wound)? Or should I have someone take a look at it and try to regulate? I did some searches and it seems that most of the Techniks are working perfectly right out of the box.

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Movement needs regulated.. I believe you'd know if you "overwound" as the tension on the mainspring makes the crown very hard to turn at full reserve.

mostlygone

Known Member
10/7/12
Gotcha - then I definitely did not overwind as tension was negligible. My concern is that a 5 minute per hour discrepancy is pretty dramatic - would it represent a serious defect, movement damage, or simply a need for regulation. The latter seems less likely as regulation issues are usually expressed in seconds per hour, right?

mostlygone

Known Member
10/7/12
Thanks for the replies. Oddly enough, I let the watch run down overnight while I began a dialog with the TD. I rewound the next day to determine the exact discrepancy - inexplicably it is now working perfectly. Been on my arm since.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Could have been something stuck or sticky in the movement. Max regulation is normally about 30 secs per day, anything outwith that usually means something else is wrong.