• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

J-SJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/13
I have used both Gen and Rep rollerball refills. Rep refills always comes in "M" but they have varying thickness and varying smoothness. Some of the rep refills write as good as gen and some are trash.

For my MB ballpoints, I always use Monteverde Gel refills for MB - I like them much more than original MB ball point refills.

Thanks for this tip. Just ordered some Monteverde refills for my Cross ballpoints. Looking forward to trying them.

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Unless you come across a complete brand snob or someone who works in the fashion industry, no regular and normal person will ever notice some of these minute details. 99% of people don't care about this stuff or notice it like we do with watches. :laugh:

Spot on [emoji6]

Harsh!

Don't know what to say to this.. I could bash Minnesota, point out your covered in snow 10 months a year so don't ever see a belt on your fashionable Dockers.. or point out the simplicity of the buckle design was destroyed.. or that my first and last name starts with an H so Hermes doesn't really work for me... or that this is a global community (and forum) and I live in a place where everyone knows what this belt is supposed to look like..

But, the point that really pisses me off is I trusted someone on this forum when they said this was like the original...

So no maybe I'm not a regular or normal person.. but you won't ever wonder where I stand.
BTW: The seller took his crap back.

jamieroquai

26/12/12
Well if you want original this forum and especially this sub forum is I think the worst place to shop for stuff :)
I can understand that if you expect something to be X and receive y it's not cool but yeah..

Where you live at that everyone is a fashion expert?

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Have I mis read this ??? Or is someone being blamed for a recommendation of this thread that went wrong ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Harsh!

Don't know what to say to this.. I could bash Minnesota, point out your covered in snow 10 months a year so don't ever see a belt on your fashionable Dockers.. or point out the simplicity of the buckle design was destroyed.. or that my first and last name starts with an H so Hermes doesn't really work for me... or that this is a global community (and forum) and I live in a place where everyone knows what this belt is supposed to look like..

But, the point that really pisses me off is I trusted someone on this forum when they said this was like the original...

So no maybe I'm not a regular or normal person.. but you won't ever wonder where I stand.
BTW: The seller took his crap back.

LOL, we definitely live in 2 different worlds. It's all good, my friend. When I wrote "normal" I wasn't implying that someone who notices it is abnormal. I just meant the average person on the street isn't educated or versed in the specifics of high fashion. Poor word choice on my part. I have been to Monaco when I lived in Europe, and I have to say that is the most fashionable place I've ever been to, especially Monte Carlo. Holy smokes, I felt under dressed the whole time I was there. LOL So yes, you are indeed among the 1% of the population that can really eagle eye this stuff because you have to. Everyone dresses to the nines there.

I agree with you 100%, though. Yes, if the item was misrepresented to you by the seller and they showed you pics of one thing and then sent you something different, then I'd be pissed too. Whether it is Dockers, a Herpes belt, or a Rolex, you saw pics of one item, decided to buy it, and they sent you something different. Not good, and I'd dispute it.

If you went on blind faith from another one of us and never saw pics from the seller, then that's different. How on Earth can any of us predict if a seller is suddenly going to ship different stock? These Ali E sellers can either be great or they can be total flakes and either rip us off completely by never shipping anything at all, or they go rogue and after sending good stuff for a while suddenly start sending garbage. That's what recently happened with the Ray Bans lady. Great one day and then went to hell the next.

Glad you received your refund. And by the way, I don't like Dockers. Never have. I wear RL khakis if I want to dress casually. :laugh:

Fr3dSt4r

26/8/14
Yes. If you click on the big Lego Ninjago set that was posted up a couple of pages ago, there are related Blocks links. the very first ones are for individual minifigures of Marvel super heroes and Star Wars guys. They already have the new sith villain from the upcoming movie. LOL the movie isn't even out yet! I'm ordering him for my boys.
Sorry, but i just cant find it. Can you provide the link please? Tanks im advance!

Gesendet von meinem XT1072 mit Tapatalk

AGL

Renowned Member
7/6/11
I agree with you 100%, though. Yes, if the item was misrepresented to you by the seller and they showed you pics of one thing and then sent you something different, then I'd be pissed too. Whether it is Dockers, a Herpes belt, or a Rolex, you saw pics of one item, decided to buy it, and they sent you something different. Not good, and I'd dispute it.

A Herpes belt!!

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Hahahahahah [emoji23][emoji23] I hate when I buy herpes and it's something different.. The hell man! Get your shit together... I wanted that herpes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veratio

13/3/07
LOL, we definitely live in 2 different worlds. It's all good, my friend. When I wrote "normal" I wasn't implying that someone who notices it is abnormal. I just meant the average person on the street isn't educated or versed in the specifics of high fashion. Poor word choice on my part. I have been to Monaco when I lived in Europe, and I have to say that is the most fashionable place I've ever been to, especially Monte Carlo. Holy smokes, I felt under dressed the whole time I was there. LOL So yes, you are indeed among the 1% of the population that can really eagle eye this stuff because you have to. Everyone dresses to the nines there.

If you went on blind faith from another one of us and never saw pics from the seller, then that's different. How on Earth can any of us predict if a seller is suddenly going to ship different stock? These Ali E sellers can either be great or they can be total flakes and either rip us off completely by never shipping anything at all, or they go rogue and after sending good stuff for a while suddenly start sending garbage. That's what recently happened with the Ray Bans lady. Great one day and then went to hell the next.

Glad you received your refund. And by the way, I don't like Dockers. Never have. I wear RL khakis if I want to dress casually. :laugh:

Beautiful response. Totally lack of irony, irritation or anything else. Just a fun response to a not-so-fun post. Great post and a big part of what makes this forum so friendly and nice. Love it!

pirho123

Known Member
6/11/12
I wonder how many Ali sellers are on this forum thread? I guess some of them (who speaks English) are here))

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Well if you want original this forum and especially this sub forum is I think the worst place to shop for stuff :)
I can understand that if you expect something to be X and receive y it's not cool but yeah..

Where you live at that everyone is a fashion expert?

Fashion expert? Nah a plain brushed surface is easy to notice something in the middle of it. Like a hood ornament in the middle of the hood ?

Hazza

I'm Pretty Popular
28/7/15
In the COURTHOUSE!!
Have I mis read this ??? Or is someone being blamed for a recommendation of this thread that went wrong ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's what I understood as well..

I am usually very thorough when I research things, painfully so.
So when I saw what I got wasn't what expected I was very surprised.
I didn't understand what I did wrong.. so... I started at post #1 and read this whole thing until I found the reason I bought without my usual research.
Took forever to get to posts 2858 & 2895! take a look and notice the position of the buckles in the photos... I don't want drama so im not putting the photos here again.
Was a bit angry with myself and maybe a bit grumpy after reading so many posts!

Should I have asked for QC photos from a member?? Gah.. I'm over it - costs me 22usd to return them so a 50% loss on investment. Still cheaper than a weekend in Vegas!