• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just ordered 4.1 Diver and Noob Exp II from Toro

magicmarvin

Horology Curious
22/7/13
I have FINALLY got an AP Diver on the way Ordered the 4.1 from Toro along with the Noob Exp II with white dial

This is my first time ordering from ToroBravo and I must say that his customer service and response was exceptional, I mean really great. I explained to him that I was a fairly new member on RWI, RWG and Repgeek but I had numerous successful transactions with the TD's here which I was able to prove and as a result he allowed me to pay by PP. It is such a shame that a few people have ruined it for the rest of us on here but it really is worth building good connections with the TD's here as, in my experience, they really do look after forum members.

anyway, I received the QC pics within minutes of the payment being sent, I rejected the first AP Diver because of a misaligned inner bezel, no problem for Toro, he had another set of QC pics sent to me within minutes, this time with a perfectly centered inner bezel! Delighted. Once I had accepted the QC he informed me that my watches would likely arrive in the UK by Mon/Tues of next week!! In my experience that is very very fast! If the watches do arrive that early I will be very impressed but I wouldn't want to doubt Toro so we will see

In my experience with QC pics it is important to know what you're looking for, thanks to this forum I have a good idea with the diver that the inner bezel, date wheel cyclops, direction of bezel brushing and straight second hand are all things to look for. I am not so sure what to look for with the ExpII so I just compared to other members pics and could see no difference, good alignment, good lume etc. I hope this info will benefit other noob users who may be unsure of what to look for in QC pics.

Below are the pics of the watches I approved (I am not asking for QC advice, just showing the accepted product I will receive) More pics will come when I receive the watches.

View attachment 28387

MM

magicmarvin

Horology Curious
22/7/13
Also forgot to add that I know Toro has had a few issues recently and has been placed on probation etc, but in my opinion he has made good on his promise to up his game and I for one am very pleased.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
most dealers work very hard, but just overwhelmed with emails that sometimes they missed it. Please just shoot them another email, i'm sure they would get back to you as soon as they can.

:cheers:

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
some of the bezel screws look almost look like it's protruding a bit, on the bright side the bezel markers are lined up almost perfectly.

magicmarvin

Horology Curious
22/7/13
some of the bezel screws look almost look like it's protruding a bit, on the bright side the bezel markers are lined up almost perfectly.

Hmmm interesting observation I must admit I hadn't noticed that, still very hard to tell by the pic. It may be the angle, I will see when it arrives. Is there a mod or simple fix for this problem, if it is a problem?

MM

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Hey Magic,
Can you post the QC pic that you rejected? I think it would be helpful to us noobs so we'll know what to look for? This AP will probably be my next purchase.

Tony

magicmarvin

Horology Curious
22/7/13
Hey Magic,
Can you post the QC pic that you rejected? I think it would be helpful to us noobs so we'll know what to look for? This AP will probably be my next purchase.

Tony

View attachment 28427

Sure thing Tony! Glad to help. As you can see the bezel is misaligned by just a mm or two, but being right there all day every day I couldn't live with it...

As for the screws to me they look pretty much the same on both sets of QC pics but I could be wrong. The only way I will know for sure is when I get the watch, but I am not particularly worried as I have compared the pics to many across the forums and it looks great :)

MM

magicmarvin

Horology Curious
22/7/13
Have any of you researched what common flaws on this model are ?

Yes.

I thought that the bezel screws not being recessed like the gen was just a general issue with AP and Hublot BB reps? but I am very new so may be incorrect... The other issues I have seen have been with the cyclops alignment and inner bezel alignment, as well as one instance where the bezel had been mounted the wrong way.

Would you care to point out what I've missed?
This thread wasn't supposed to be about my QC pics :D:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The bezel screws are a 15 minute fix. I have even shared pics and there is a pinned tutorial on AP case did assembly

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
The bezel screws are a 15 minute fix. I have even shared pics and there is a pinned tutorial on AP case did assembly

I thought it was a 16min job, not wanting to nitpick your timing:hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

magicmarvin

Horology Curious
22/7/13
Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction, I really appreciate the input from experienced posters.

I always do a huge amount of research before I buy my reps as evidenced by my collection of V3 Pam111, V6 HBB ss/cer evo, AP Diver 4.1 and Noob Exp II. These are all reps I painstakingly researched before buying. I am completely inexperienced with the whole modding thing I Just had a look at the tutorial of taking the case apart and I must say I would not feel confident or comfortable doing that :(
I couldnt find your guide to recessing the screws though, could you point me in the right direction? Is this something a complete noob could do comfortably without damaging the watch?

thanks
MM

:cheers:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
It's very easy to do, remove the case back and you will see all the bezel screw bolts.
Attached to these bolts is a very small nut, it's this nut that you need to turn very very gently to recess on the bezel.

Sent from my iPhone 5 Using TapaTalk2 S???R?I?????

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
See, to my untrained eye, the bezel looks perfect. When you say misaligned, do you mean in relationship to the numbers?

View attachment 28427

Sure thing Tony! Glad to help. As you can see the bezel is misaligned by just a mm or two, but being right there all day every day I couldn't live with it...

As for the screws to me they look pretty much the same on both sets of QC pics but I could be wrong. The only way I will know for sure is when I get the watch, but I am not particularly worried as I have compared the pics to many across the forums and it looks great :)

MM

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ubermenehune

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/12
Just received my first order from Toro. Overall, I am pleased with the responsiveness and service. The bracelet clasp arrived defective, but we're working to resolve the issue.