• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Officially Announces 15450

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Looks amazing, I still do not know ZF over APSF, but this brings up a good argument as it looks the part.
Dials on the ZF models are more detailed.. the tapisserie is more pronounced and anzi their is also some soleil effect.. very subtle.. but present.. and it's gorgeous in direct sunlight.. APSF is also good but their dials are a bit more faded as well as the overall finish.. however difficult to explain in words.. but this is my opinion.. :)

Of course... gen is gen and rep is rep...

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
To those that ordered a ZF 15450 with extra links, how many extra links would be required for a 7 inch wrist? Thanks.
I ordered 2 extra links with my order... and for those asking I could wear also the 41mm ...my answer is ...just because of my personal style and likes I prefer the 37mm.. it wears way more elegant and classy.. ;)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
Dials on the ZF models are more detailed.. the tapisserie is more pronounced and anzi their is also some soleil effect.. very subtle.. but present.. and it's gorgeous in direct sunlight.. APSF is also good but their dials are a bit more faded as well as the overall finish.. however difficult to explain in words.. but this is my opinion.. :)

Of course... gen is gen and rep is rep...

I hear you, and construction/quality is also important, so if ZF is up there and the dial is better.... looks like ZF is the 37mm to have. Just wish one of the two would release a damn 15550

Reactions: harikezo

harikezo

Do not accept unsolicited offers
Patron
Certified
27/6/18
I hear you, and construction/quality is also important, so if ZF is up there and the dial is better.... looks like ZF is the 37mm to have. Just wish one of the two would release a damn 15550
I think we would come to that, pretty soon!

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Really hope so from ZF... a 15550 to add it to the collection ! :)

SerafinWatch

4/1/14
Switzerland
I got my ZF copy of it. The Proofmaster Pro test resulted in no water resistance. ZF used tapes between the bezel and the case which might be the reason for it.

For the one who got it tested or opened up:
- Is your copy water resistant?
- Do you also have tapes on the inner bezel?
- What could be the reason why they choose to use the tapes?

Reactions: haze3715

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
I got myself a ZF AP 15450 in blue. Unfortunately there were some issues with how the TD handeled the watch, so it'll be a return.
One thing I noticed was, that the bracelet of the ZF is very tight even for my rather small wrist.

Now I'm not sure whether to order another ZF with some extra links, or go for an APSF. I read somewhere that the last version of the APSF has improved and is even superior to the ZF.

Can anyone in the knows comment?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
I got myself a ZF AP 15450 in blue. Unfortunately there were some issues with how the TD handeled the watch, so it'll be a return.
One thing I noticed was, that the bracelet of the ZF is very tight even for my rather small wrist.

Now I'm not sure whether to order another ZF with some extra links, or go for an APSF. I read somewhere that the last version of the APSF has improved and is even superior to the ZF.

Can anyone in the knows comment?

I believe APSF has same amount of links... but as far as an updated version, curious what details did you hear about that are updated? There should be a separate thread for APSF I will search it and bump it to see if any new versions are out and about

Reactions: Mkempes

Mkempes

Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
No details.

Just heard that there has been an update on APSF 15450 dials. Haven't seen them personally.

tc1709

Getting To Know The Place
15/12/15
Owners of the ZF 15450, what do you think about the bracelet quality ?
I don't think the bracelet is of super high quality. If i compare my ZF 15450 bracelet to my jf15400 (from 7 or 8 years ago). The jf bracelet is much smoother.
ZF has a lot of rough edges.
Dial is nice however.

Reactions: Engelmatch

Dutlin

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
23/7/23
United States
I would agree on the bracelet statement on the ZF. That thing is rough and really needs a polish to soften the edges. Other than that the dial is beautiful.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
My new ZF, purchased from discord with the screws (allegedly) white gold plated. Since I'm just a watch lover and not a critic, this watch is sensational.
Yes you can see sharp edges on the bracelet's center links here and there but it is smooth to touch. So it is just visual.

munichman

Known Member
25/3/24
Munich, Germany
Reading through this thread there remains one question for me:
Which is the place to buy when you live in Germany?
Which shop will probably have the best method of delivery?

munichman

Known Member
25/3/24
Munich, Germany
I´ve meticulously read through it but cannot find a definite answer.
The TD all say they have individual procedures for various countries but what´s more important for me is which one really works for Germany.
I´ve had painful encounters with German customs buying some cables for 40 USD in the US, just as an example.
They made me come to their office, open the package and delivering proof that the cable is not declared with a faulty price etc.
Maybe that´s just the case with Bavarian customs, but that´s where I live.

Mkempes

Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
What's your wrist size?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I think it looks fine....

Wrist shots are deceiving anyways. If you're built and like 6'0 with broad shoulders/big arms/forearms then that watch will look small overall, if you're not, with skinny wrists and forearms, then it's a perfect size