• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Officially Announces 15450

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Does anyone know of a source for 23mm leather or rubber straps for the 15450 that are reasonably priced? Around the $30.00 to $75.00 range. Thank you.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
Does anyone know of a source for 23mm leather or rubber straps for the 15450 that are reasonably priced? Around the $30.00 to $75.00 range. Thank you.
Check ebay, amazon, aliexpress etc. The problem is you also need plots and a buckle. You can still get rubber in that range, leather I am not sure you will get great quality

2tick

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
3/6/24
I read in Legend's faq thread that he recommends the APSF, any reason why?

2tick

Supporter
Certified
3/6/24
There's no best rep, there's only the one you like the most!
so no major known issues with ZF that is what I mean? just trying to see if its safe to get one, or I will regret it having "not" known some common issues that are buried in some threads here :D

TellMyBossImWorkin

i'm always late to work
9/6/24
PNW
so no major known issues with ZF that is what I mean? just trying to see if its safe to get one, or I will regret it having "not" known some common issues that are buried in some threads here :D

It's still worth a read, especially if you're about to spend about $400. I read thru both the APSF & ZF thread. Ended up getting the APSF 15450 White Dial.

KN4Dsk.jpeg

2tick

Supporter
Certified
3/6/24
It's still worth a read, especially if you're about to spend about $400. I read thru both the APSF & ZF thread. Ended up getting the APSF 15450 White Dial.

KN4Dsk.jpeg
may I ask for your pov on this, why did you prefer the APSF vs the ZF?

TellMyBossImWorkin

i'm always late to work
9/6/24
PNW

They both seem like quality watches from what I read. I chose the APSF mainly because the dial looked more gen like imho. The ZF has a more dramatization of the AP tapisserie where the squares are overly large while being crowded; looks off at a glance. The APSF while isn't like gen, it has a ton of sunburst going on. It depends on which you prefer, as neither could be called gen looking, if the observer knew their stuff.

Mine unfortunately has an issue with slightly loose dial hands. I think I got unlucky and isn't representative of APSF work. It should be an easy fix too!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Don’t worry too much. Both APSF and ZF are reps. Buy and wear what you like. Don’t split hairs over this. When it comes to APs it’s the attitude that counts. You’re either wearing a gen AP or you aren’t. And if you aren’t then it’s going to be a $500 watch with a lot of visual flair. Enjoy it.

2tick

Supporter
Certified
3/6/24
Don’t worry too much. Both APSF and ZF are reps. Buy and wear what you like. Don’t split hairs over this. When it comes to APs it’s the attitude that counts. You’re either wearing a gen AP or you aren’t. And if you aren’t then it’s going to be a $500 watch with a lot of visual flair. Enjoy it.
makes sense.. as long as there are no fatal flows, which I understand there are not.. thank you

dc2Rk24

Cars, Cats and Watches - Mostly Hated
Supporter
Certified
8/7/23
Greece
I’ve read you say this maybe a million times and I couldn’t agree more each and every time.
I applaud you for your persistence over the years for all newbies of this hobby who may have the wrong idea about reps

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
makes sense.. as long as there are no fatal flows, which I understand there are not.. thank you
No there aren’t I assure you. Nobody will come up to you and say “ aha that’s a ZF! You should have gotten an APSF instead!”

This I solemnly promise.

• Haha
Reactions: speedywombat

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’ve read you say this maybe a million times and I couldn’t agree more each and every time.
I applaud you for your persistence over the years for all newbies of this hobby who may have the wrong idea about reps
What I share are my personal sentiments and experience with the brand and not necessarily the absolute facts. Many will disagree with what I post and it’s their right to.

This brand is more about attitude than accuracy of details IMHO. In the forum we can discuss about how the hands differ or how the dial tapisseries differ between gen and rep.
And while the comparisons are true, they mostly do not translate to real world tells. What matters a lot more is how the wearer carries himself. Rock it like a gen and it won’t be called out. The wearer is always the greatest tell (or convincer) when it comes to an AP on the wrist in real life. This is my own observation nothing more. We each have our own truth and I’m just sharing mine. Thank you.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Based on other forum members' comments the bracelet of the ZF 15450 reps may not fit wrists of average and larger size. Idk what the case is with the current APSF bracelets.

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
For me personally, I prefer the dial of the newest ZF, but from what I've heard the ZF bracelet actually has less links than APSF bracelet. I currently have an APSF 15450 that I'm selling and for my 17.5 cm (6.9 inches) wrist I took out either 1 or 2 links.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
30/3/09
Regardless of links, you have to think of the overall quality.... which oddly they are both nice. I go with ZF if i was buying today based on the dial being a bit better

996RUF

Known Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
8/9/17
Love the size of the 15450! Great piece.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I went ZF for blue my blue and grey dials. Gen like? No idea. I just like the dials better.

Reactions: legend