• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Officially Announces 15450

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22

Well, it was long rumored but they finally dropped the announcement. We'll have to see for actual pictures, but in my opinion think APSF 15450 is pretty good already, a solid 8-9/10. Unless ZF can improve on the dial of APSF (and it has to be a huge improvement) I don't think they will conquer the market for this model.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Well, it was long rumored but they finally dropped the announcement. We'll have to see for actual pictures, but in my opinion think APSF 15450 is pretty good already, a solid 8-9/10. Unless ZF can improve on the dial of APSF (and it has to be a huge improvement) I don't think they will conquer the market for this model.
Yes, ZFs release politics is quite strange. Their strategy seems to be to bring out quite good reps of models of which there are already very good models.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
To me (and I'm not an AP expert), the "AUTOMATIC" in ZF dial printing is better. So is the AUDEMARS PIGUET print on ZF. It's a little thicker than the APSF, but not quite there to gen. Marker length is good on all three. ZF squares to me look a little better.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Just from this pic, the gen white dial looks pale and with the least amount of sunburst somehow.
I don't think color can be accurately determined from pictures unless all lighting is the same. I was looking more at the size of the squares and pattern.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
I don't think color can be accurately determined from pictures unless all lighting is the same. I was looking more at the size of the squares and pattern.
Also.... I don't think that's the case here... are you sure we're looking at the same picture? Look at how wonky the APSF sunburst is - it's very uneven. Same with the ZF. meanwhile, the Gen sunburst is clear as day, it seperates, and is symmetrical and even.

Anyways, such things cannot really be determined through a still image, you need video.

frozentears

Horology Curious
22/11/23
Also.... I don't think that's the case here... are you sure we're looking at the same picture? Look at how wonky the APSF sunburst is - it's very uneven. Same with the ZF. meanwhile, the Gen sunburst is clear as day, it seperates, and is symmetrical and even.

Anyways, such things cannot really be determined through a still image, you need video.

I mean just from the 3 pictures, the gen looks the whitest compared with APSF and ZF and the sunburst is not as visible as the APSF and ZF.

I'm not an expert though so take it with 2 cents and I agree with you comparing it via image is difficult.

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
The Ap royal oak dials unfortunately(or not, depending how you see it), can not be replicated correctly
In the end the best is just to choose wich one you prefer personally more(apsf-zf , blue-black)

bombina

Known Member
17/8/15
Waiting for side by side pictures of APS and ZF. Generally, I prefer the APS variants, esp in the Offshore.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I have APS blue, so will order the ZF blue. I can already tell its like the 15400 blue, which I like.

Reactions: Akilles

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I have APS blue, so will order the ZF blue. I can already tell its like the 15400 blue, which I like.
Amen to to that. Took me 0,5 sec to like ZF blue dial better. Been waiting for something like this for years.

Looks quite similar to the old (good) version of JF 15450 but with better printing here. Looking forward to more pics!

Last edited: