• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tutorial: How to fix the Bezel on a CLEAN GMT Master 2

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
So i got the Aliexpress click spring today, and guys, save your money, its absolute garbage, thin and flimsy. The CF one that came with my watch is actually better quality. That 50 bucks down the drain :(

CF on the left AE on the right

Look at post No 210.

its way better thean CF Stock IMO, specially the scallops

syntaxis

Just a simple man
23/10/10
Germany
Hey,
can anyone tell if that bezel problems affects all GMT-II from clean in general or are there any newer versions where the bezel isn't swimming in grease?

Len

Len
1/11/23
I thought the 2023 Clean GMTs were supposed to be the best super lone. Has clean fixed the bezel issue or should expect it on a super lone?

Len

Len
1/11/23
I thought the 2023 Clean GMTs were supposed to be the best super lone. Has clean fixed the bezel issue or should expect it on a super lone?
Should I have ordered the clone from a different mod?

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I ordered the Batman gmt clean with the dadong movement. Should I have ordered it from a different manufacturer? I’m looking for the best model and I don’t want a bezel problem.
You will be fine. It's a great watch. Enjoy it!

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

sorcerermac

Horology Curious
7/11/18
Manila Philippines
hello everyone, just bought a new GMT Master 2 black REP last September. its my 3rd piece coming from a previous noob version. according to the stickers its from clean factory with Goku charcter being at the watch back. Anyhow, out of curiosity I tried flip the bezel open and i was actually surprised to see that this version does not have the usual parts like the retaining ring, the click spring and even the hydrel ring in my opinion. once the bezel is out the crystal and the rubber where it sat comes out exposing the dial.

To reassemble it you just need to align the crystal on top of the watch then press the bezel back in place. (Im kinda not convinced if i did it correctly but it seemed to be working as usual)

This version clicks a bit close to my orignal GMT gen thats why i got it but really got surprised from this new bezel construction from Clean Factory.

im sending a few photos for you guys to see…

would you guys be kind enough to identify it for me? Is this something that the rep guys are faniliar with? I tried searching and found no post regarding this new design.

the movement btw is stamped as 3285 but it looks and functions like 3186 where the crown rotates clockwise to set.

just want to be able to identify this GMT that i have and if the movement is a good one or a timebomb.

Thanks in advance :)

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
hello everyone, just bought a new GMT Master 2 black REP last September. its my 3rd piece coming from a previous noob version. according to the stickers its from clean factory with Goku charcter being at the watch back. Anyhow, out of curiosity I tried flip the bezel open and i was actually surprised to see that this version does not have the usual parts like the retaining ring, the click spring and even the hydrel ring in my opinion. once the bezel is out the crystal and the rubber where it sat comes out exposing the dial.

To reassemble it you just need to align the crystal on top of the watch then press the bezel back in place. (Im kinda not convinced if i did it correctly but it seemed to be working as usual)

This version clicks a bit close to my orignal GMT gen thats why i got it but really got surprised from this new bezel construction from Clean Factory.

would you guys be kind enough to identify it for me? Is this something that the rep guys are faniliar with? I tried searching and found no post regarding this new design.

the movement btw is stamped as 3285 but it looks and functions like 3186 where the crown rotates clockwise to set.

just want to be able to identify this GMT that i have and if the movement is a good one or a timebomb.

Hi mate. Its old Clean case, sold to subfactory of VSF (GDF) and you now have a not genspec, but much better construction than clean does. and yes, its a VR3186.

Here are the watches you have one of em:

sorcerermac

Horology Curious
7/11/18
Manila Philippines

*** the 2 piece round metal with springs is the on that provides the click… while upon inspection the center part of the bezel acts as the retaining ring… while attached to the crystal it rotates like there is a bearing inside.

Also i dont it looks bad that my dial has the “swiss crown made” which is not consistent with gen

sorcerermac

Horology Curious
7/11/18
Manila Philippines
Hi mate. Its old Clean case, sold to subfactory of VSF (GDF) and you now have a not genspec, but much better construction than clean does. and yes, its a VR3186.

Here are the watches you have one of em:

Thank you for this information, thats really helpful! So you mean this is not from clean factory like what the sticker says?

If i got the VR3186 is this a reliable movement? Will it take gen parts? It sure acts like one now and it winds smoothly as well, the only flaw is that it doesnt tick when you rotate the crown counter clockwise… other than that it works well. is it not a timebomb? Should i stay ayaw from using crown position 2?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thank you for this information, thats really helpful! So you mean this is not from clean factory like what the sticker says?

If i got the VR3186 is this a reliable movement? Will it take gen parts? It sure acts like one now and it winds smoothly as well, the only flaw is that it doesnt tick when you rotate the crown counter clockwise… other than that it works well. is it not a timebomb? Should i stay ayaw from using crown position 2?
You should stay away pulling your watches apart when you have questions like this😂

VR is a reliable movement. Just use it. When busted, replaced it. Its now assembled by Clean, but are the old clean case parts. (Xtal is VSF): in my opinion as a bezel-clicker-fan and so eone that shits on 72hrs PR, you got thw BEST gmt rep

sorcerermac

Horology Curious
7/11/18
Manila Philippines
You should stay away pulling your watches apart when you have questions like this😂

VR is a reliable movement. Just use it. When busted, replaced it. Its now assembled by Clean, but are the old clean case parts. (Xtal is VSF): in my opinion as a bezel-clicker-fan and so eone that shits on 72hrs PR, you got thw BEST gmt rep
Thats wonderful to know 😀 thank you very much for sharing your insights guys… this forum is really helpful to noobs like myself hehehe. sorry to take have it taken apart… was just suppose to check the click spring to see but everything fell apart in the process… good thing it was easy to reassemble. i hope sure hope its still waterproof somehow despite having this non gen part. Yes i also felt that this movement seems to be reliable… it even turns back the date like gen.

thanks again guys!

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS

Looks like the hytrel ring is there in the bezel.

Reactions: sorcerermac

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸
Shooter eats pieces of shit for breakfast. Leave him be.
Happy Gilmore Cinema Supremo GIF

Tech12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/9/18
My click spring finally arrived today. I'm going to try and do this fix tonight!

Reactions: Minome