• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Moonswatch metal mod aka Project Alaskswatch

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Perhaps you can add one of the pro modders to this topic if you know one of them? I would be interested in their view on this question by @kidcreole.
@P..DR..D Bro, we need you! Who'd be the right modder(s) on RWI to tag about this particular subject? There are quite a few of them on here, hard for me to pick one ... Someone perhaps more specialized with Omegas or Quartz? Or a general wizard like @legend (although he's mostly our AP dragon, but I think he has a wealth of knowledge beyond that)? 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Eddio

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@eBoy

Not a clue tbh, and I bet if I listed 10, I'd miss the 11th or 12th, and that'd offend unintentionally.

What I could do, if the OP wants, is move this thread to the Tech section?

May get more visibility there 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: eBoy and Eddio

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
This version is a 40mm Corgeut Speedmaster case from Alixpress. At the top you can find the parts bought for this build if you want to know more. The watch is so amazing i am already thinking of going for perfect. Meaning replacing the Corgeut case + Uncle bracelet with a rep case Omega Speedmaster with the correct rep bracelet as well.
Do share if you ever do this. I am looking at this with great interest. I might go all the way with a real Moonswatch (and just accept the case being lost) while setting up a proper rep case speedmaster. I might just give up the bracelet for a fostner flatlink.

Reactions: Hesekiel and Eddio

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU
Do share if you ever do this. I am looking at this with great interest. I might go all the way with a real Moonswatch (and just accept the case being lost) while setting up a proper rep case speedmaster. I might just give up the bracelet for a fostner flatlink.
I will. If you then go all the way please share this as well.

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
@eBoy

Not a clue tbh, and I bet if I listed 10, I'd miss the 11th or 12th, and that'd offend unintentionally.

What I could do, if the OP wants, is move this thread to the Tech section?

May get more visibility there 🤷‍♂️
Thats fine by me @P..DR..D !

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU

You Da Man GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Eddio and P..DR..D

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
@Eddio , what did your end up using for a spacer?

I have my AliExpress build for this on the way BTW!

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
@Eddio , what did your end up using for a spacer?

I have my AliExpress build for this on the way BTW!
Ah cool cant wait to see your result! Going for the same moonswatch version?

What i used is a kind of double sided tape. Instead if it being thin as normal tape this is a few mms thick like isolation material. Worked perfectly and it is removable still.

Reactions: Pinion Minion

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Ah cool cant wait to see your result! Going for the same moonswatch version?

What i used is a kind of double sided tape. Instead if it being thin as normal tape this is a few mms thick like isolation material. Worked perfectly and it is removable still.
Yes I am- was considering using Neptune and the corgeut case with the blue bezel- but I'm going with yours first!

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Sun is a bit much- but i really like the jupiter
Yeah i agree but i have the sun for the summertime and i love colors on my watches so maybe i will try this. But that Jupiter is a beauty!!