• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Moonswatch metal mod aka Project Alaskswatch

Eddio

Astrophysical Time traveler
11/6/16
EU
Very well done, where is the SS case from?
This version is a 40mm Corgeut Speedmaster case from Alixpress. At the top you can find the parts bought for this build if you want to know more. The watch is so amazing i am already thinking of going for perfect. Meaning replacing the Corgeut case + Uncle bracelet with a rep case Omega Speedmaster with the correct rep bracelet as well.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Patron
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Well done.

Love these little inexpensive, relatively simple builds that require minimal equipment and give you something different .

Gonna make one for sure. Where you able to reuse the stems?

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Well done.

Love these little inexpensive, relatively simple builds that require minimal equipment and give you something different .

Gonna make one for sure. Where you able to reuse the stems?
Yeah this is fun to do and you can learn while doing it / mess things up without it becoming too expensive. Regarding the stem, no it was too short for the new case so i bought a few extra movements so i had a full length stem and parts in case i messed things up.

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Awesome! With the new crown it's a total keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah feel the same way. I thought the red crown was a fun thing but did not expect the impact it had on the looks. When i changed it to the metal crown it was just a game changer! It is gorgeous if i may say so myself!

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Yeah feel the same way. I thought the red crown was a fun thing but did not expect the impact it had on the looks. When i changed it to the metal crown it was just a game changer! It is gorgeous if i may say so myself!
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: Eddio

Eddio

11/6/16
EU

I assume this is the case? Just curious why the PE50 movement is necessary.
No it is this one

€ 66,43 48%OFF | Corgeut 40Mm Heren Horloge Chronograaf Quartz 24-Uur Multifunctionele Rvs Lederen Sport Relogio Masculino Man klok

Dont know if yours would fit but buying parts only is cheaper 🤦‍♂️The seethrough caseback wiuld not be my choice (that PE50 is not a looker) and it makes the case thicker as well.

The reason for the PE50 movement was only because of the full length stem that comes with it.

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
No it is this one

€ 66,43 48%OFF | Corgeut 40Mm Heren Horloge Chronograaf Quartz 24-Uur Multifunctionele Rvs Lederen Sport Relogio Masculino Man klok

Dont know if yours would fit but buying parts only is cheaper 🤦‍♂️The seethrough caseback wiuld not be my choice (that PE50 is not a looker) and it makes the case thicker as well.

The reason for the PE50 movement was only because of the full length stem that comes with it.
Gotcha, so you used the original Moonswatch movement with a PE50 stem. Thanks, that helps a bunch. Think I'm going to try this project with mine!

Reactions: Eddio

Eddio

11/6/16
EU
Gotcha, so you used the original Moonswatch movement with a PE50 stem. Thanks, that helps a bunch. Think I'm going to try this project with mine!

No my Moonswatch Mission to Mars had a PE50 movement and therefore i bought one extra PE50 movement for the stem.

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Hey @Eddio, what clasp do you have on your US1450? The stock US clasp?

In case you want one with an Omega logo, I can recommend the gen clasp from the Speedmaster Mark II bracelet. Perfect fit for the Uncle Seiko. I got mine brand new for under €80 to go with my gen 3861 + US1450.