• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The C+ SH3285 V2 vs the CF DD3285 V3 and their inserts comparison and discussion thread

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Setting aside recent misgivings, are the case, bezel lip, bezel construction, crystal, usually better on the C+? And can the C+ case fit a DD3285?

Last edited:

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Setting aside recent misgivings, are the case, bezel lip, bezel construction, crystal, usually better on the C+? And can the C+ case fit a DD3285?
We are still in the process of gathering evidence; C+ apparently has not officially released its new version, the C+ specimens that are shown around the internet rn probably are pre-production samples made in ultra low numbers and provided to a couple of ”lucky ones”

What we know is that:
> caseshape should be equal if not better than CF
> xtal is outright better
> serial font is correct
> bracelet is equal to CF
> clasp is better (no STEEL INOX)
> there’s a bezel lip
> new insert should be a Mk3 clone

This being said there’s apparently a high degree of variance, see previous post by @Nikz19, and with the added caveat that his sample was a previous version from C+

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
So does C+ say that they wont sell their latest inserts until the old once has been sold out?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
So does C+ say that they wont sell their latest inserts until the old once has been sold out?
They didn’t say anything. But there’s no launch date either. So we’re in a limbo rn

At the same time they want to sell to potential CF customer and steal marker share, so they cannot afford to wait too long; a buyer of a latest CF is unlikely to be a buyer of the newest C+, also given their secretive oddball nature

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
They didn’t say anything. But there’s no launch date either. So we’re in a limbo rn

At the same time they want to sell to potential CF customer and steal marker share, so they cannot afford to wait too long; a buyer of a latest CF is unlikely to be a buyer of the newest C+, also given their secretive oddball nature
Ive asked HB, he said to me that he can provide QC in 3 days.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Yeah I think they are just about to get started.
We are still in the process of gathering evidence; C+ apparently has not officially released its new version, the C+ specimens that are shown around the internet rn probably are pre-production samples made in ultra low numbers and provided to a couple of ”lucky ones”

What we know is that:
> serial font is correct
> there’s a bezel lip

This being said there’s apparently a high degree of variance, see previous post by @Nikz19, and with the added caveat that his sample was a previous version from C+
Thanks so much for this information. Ideally I’d do a hybrid build and fit a DD3285 into the C+…

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Ive asked HB, he said to me that he can provide QC in 3 days.
This:

However this gentleman has been really unpleasant and now is totally ignoring me, so I’m definitely not the best source of info with anything HB.

Also, nothing guarantees that his claim on a QC within 3 days actually would mean a QC on C+’s latest. It’s not impossible that you are presented with an old batch C+, who knows. For all I know, this guy could be a scammer. I for one would definitely not buy from the guy.

Last edited:

Cheese it

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/22
Meanwhile, here’s a new CF in hand. Only gen crystal on it. Changes color based on light, a huge step forwards compared with the current available pepsi inserts. No speedbumps, not the slightest color difference in the platinum filling between red and blue color in any light.

How’s the date wheel? Is it still the same as before? To bold compared to Gen?

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
This:

However this gentleman has been really unpleasant and now is totally ignoring me, so I’m definitely not the best source of info with anything HB.

Also, nothing guarantees that his claim on a QC within 3 days actually would mean a QC on C+’s latest. It’s not impossible that you are presented with an old batch C+, who knows. For all I know, this guy could be a scammer. I for one would definitely not buy from the guy.
Gonna state his name because he’s a POS and people should know not to buy from him. Hillbilly is a WeChat seller who charges as much as TDs yet provides a shit service and no insurance. He’s rude, lies about QC times, and makes you pay extra to get desirable things faster even after you’ve ordered. I ordered once, waited 4 months to get my item, and will never order again. He was popularized on Reddit, so let’s keep him out of RWI!

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Gonna state his name because he’s a POS and people should know not to buy from him. Hillbilly is a WeChat seller who charges as much as TDs yet provides a shit service and no insurance. He’s rude, lies about QC times, and makes you pay extra to get desirable things faster even after you’ve ordered. I ordered once, waited 4 months to get my item, and will never order again. He was popularized on Reddit, so let’s keep him out of RWI!
Aaaah Reddit, the haven of anticonformism that reveres contrarianism and common sense…

GIF by moodman

Not. Frickin leftist authoritarian shithole

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: daytonadude

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA

What we know is that:
> serial font is correct
> there’s a bezel lip

Can you please show me clearly the bezel lip and how C+ is better than CF on that part?

Reactions: JOSswag and Nickyan

Cheese it

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/7/22
I bought another clean Pepsi just for the insert lol. Will put the DD3285 into a c+ root beer. 👍

Holy0ne

Known Member
27/6/21
I'll post the photos today or tomorrow to satisfy your curiosity. I'm looking forward to it too. I found out that it's on its way to my local postal distributor. Maybe I'll get a chance to post some photos this evening.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Here is the one I got a month ago, and the one that’s on its way :)

Crystal is better, and sitting at the correct height. (Still needs a gen crystal)

Reactions: big_polarbear

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
... sorry, forgot to specify... the crystal on the left looks better. Guess the right one is the one with the updated bezel inlay...