• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The C+ SH3285 V2 vs the CF DD3285 V3 and their inserts comparison and discussion thread

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Meanwhile, here’s a new CF in hand. Only gen crystal on it. Changes color based on light, a huge step forwards compared with the current available pepsi inserts. No speedbumps, not the slightest color difference in the platinum filling between red and blue color in any light.

navarro86jm

Supporter
Certified
19/7/23
EU
Different lighting, another color. They really did an amazing job this time in my opinion, considering how much a gen bezel insert can be nowadays.

So the new version with a gen xtal no longer needs to be done anything else... :)

Reactions: Holy0ne

FenixW

Horology Curious
20/7/15
Sweden
So I got an update from ctime, and apparently C+ told them that they ”don’t have stock of latest version”, and only shipped the old version to ctime

Very disappointing I must say
As we expected, C+ dumping out old stock by creating confusion about having V2s in the future non-released version, which we even won’t know if it’s true either.

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
So I got an update from ctime, and apparently C+ told them that they ”don’t have stock of latest version”, and only shipped the old version to ctime

Very disappointing I must say
I’ve an order in from another TD and specifically asked for the new insert. No QC yet but will see what happens.

I prefer the C+ action and bezel lip which is non existent in Clean so rather get it than have to mod.

Reactions: big_polarbear

BobbyBaltimore

Horology Curious
22/4/23
Aus
Meanwhile, here’s a new CF in hand. Only gen crystal on it. Changes color based on light, a huge step forwards compared with the current available pepsi inserts. No speedbumps, not the slightest color difference in the platinum filling between red and blue color in any light.

Damn these look good. Any of shots outdoors / sunlight? Saw the one you posted but was wondering if you had any with more exposure to sunlight

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
This is a pic of the newest C+
Thing is they just can’t be trusted. My supplier received a complete piece of junk with the old insert, a non gen spec bezel assembly as well as 116710 engraved on the case (big lol) and serial engraved between the lugs (bigger lol)

Serial in RRR was ending with YL23

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Thing is they just can’t be trusted. My supplier received a complete piece of junk with the old insert, a non gen spec bezel assembly as well as 116710 engraved on the case (big lol) and serial engraved between the lugs (bigger lol)

Serial in RRR was ending with YL23
It’s xxxxY2L3 with the correct font, right ? should be their old case, where they tried to copy CF back then. I’ve seen a couple such cases in the old comparison thread. Did your guy check the movement ? Was it a VR3186 ?

In any case I saw that HB vendor wrote that they haven’t released their newest batch yet; he’s the one that releases all those videos and pics

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
It’s xxxxY2L3 with the correct font, right ? should be their old case, where they tried to copy CF back then. I’ve seen a couple such cases in the old comparison thread. Did your guy check the movement ? Was it a VR3186 ?

In any case I saw that HB vendor wrote that they haven’t released their newest batch yet; he’s the one that releases all those videos and pics

3235 movement :/

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
i got my new qc and it's Y2L3 case.. with DD

HQMGI5.jpeg

maybe they are interchangeable cos VR cases were the same serial

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
i got my new qc and it's Y2L3 case.. with DD

HQMGI5.jpeg

maybe they are interchangeable cos VR cases were the same serial
Difference is, CF don’t engrave their case 116710 and with serial number between the lugs 🥲

Last edited:
Reactions: wubsub