• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The C+ SH3285 V2 vs the CF DD3285 V3 and their inserts comparison and discussion thread

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
As far as I can see, if Clean was able to do the serial number correctly in its latest version, I think it would have done a great job on GMT. (This is my own personal opinion) But I still don't think that C+ would have a huge advantage over Clean. The color looks very different from the last shared UV videos. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are not wrong, several members including me are suspicious that something fishy’s going on. My take is that C+ tried to liquidate their old insert inventory with their latest release, a very dubious and deceitful commercial practice if confirmed.

@CTime reported that they are investigating with the factory. Go @CTime !!!

Reactions: Itto and CTime

FenixW

Horology Curious
20/7/15
Sweden
You are not wrong, several members including me are suspicious that something fishy’s going on. My take is that C+ tried to liquidate their old insert inventory with their latest release, a very dubious and deceitful commercial practice if confirmed.

I do agree, I get the feeling that someone (C+ or dealers) are creating confusion to dump inventory by saying they use V2s as it for some (myself included) gives an edge to the watch. We’ve yet to see any QC that proves C+ uses V2s and best would be to see this in direct comparison with a CF V2/V3 or whatever it’s called

Reactions: big_polarbear

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I do agree, I get the feeling that someone (C+ or dealers) are creating confusion to dump inventory by saying they use V2s as it for some (myself included) gives an edge to the watch. We’ve yet to see any QC that proves C+ uses V2s and best would be to see this in direct comparison with a CF V2/V3 or whatever it’s called
> the supposedly new C+ insert might be CF’s V2S although ctime has denied the allegation; it might be something of their own as well; can’t wait to learn more about that

> CF’s at their V3 in terms of the whole watch with DD3285, V5 if you count in earlier 3186 version (you shouldn’t) and it’s their insert that is at its V2 version :)

Reactions: Itto

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
For me the CF V3 wins out. The red in the latest from C+ just doesn't look right. That's not to say it's not a nice bezel. It is. But I don't like thar shade of red as much as the CF V3.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
For me the CF V3 wins out. The red in the latest from C+ just doesn't look right. That's not to say it's not a nice bezel. It is. But I don't like thar shade of red as much as the CF V3.
Dude, the C+ in this thread does not have their supposed last insert. See some posts ago

Reactions: Paul Newman

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Agree with you but it can help to understand if it is really the last one insert that C+ advertised have UV test upgrade
It's sufficiently evident from the colours that you don't really need that so far. But yeah in principle you're right

Reactions: mhrboy

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I think I’m gonna wait till the dust settles in a few weeks. Hoping that GSC / not VSF updates theirs as well.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Am I the only one that realises that the fact C+ "stolen" supplier from CLEAN (i remember CTime telling that) and knowing that CLEAN used to have the "Comic Cat" as a sticker?

LOOK AT C+ Sticker, banging the cat. Replica beef incoming lol?

They can smack Doraemon how much they want, if their latest release is an attempt to unload old insert inventory on their customers, then they’re clearly fighting an uphill battle.

Having said that, competition is veryyyy good

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Am I the only one that realises that the fact C+ "stolen" supplier from CLEAN (i remember CTime telling that) and knowing that CLEAN used to have the "Comic Cat" as a sticker?

LOOK AT C+ Sticker, banging the cat. Replica beef incoming lol?

I recall reading that C+ is completely unrelated to CF and CF and C+ had beef for a while due to, you guessed it, supplier stealing, but also the fact that C+ was "riding" on CF's name.... and I mean alot of the parts that old C+ (pre DD3285, 3186) was same supplier as C for a while.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
I would be happy with either of the latest inserts, they are all better than most we had in the last couple of years.

I just want to know which factory out of the two has the best bezel action/movement.

My early clean watches have been poor in the area, and an instant tell.

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Any update from CTime regarding this?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
So I got an update from ctime, and apparently C+ told them that they ”don’t have stock of latest version”, and only shipped the old version to ctime

Very disappointing I must say

• Sad
Reactions: mhrboy