• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The C+ SH3285 V2 vs the CF DD3285 V3 and their inserts comparison and discussion thread

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Well i appreciate the C+ review, but i don't agree on the case argument. I've had a gen batgirl since 2019, and i've had 3 CFs in my hand over the last month. The case shape in my opinion is spot on. The lugs have the right size, the tips have the right angle, and the whole case has very sharp and defined lines, just like my gen. I see absolutely no value in getting the C+, just for the case. Only reason would be if the serial really bug you that much.

Hands looks good on both watches, but on this level, the only upgrade would be Gen hands, in regards to getting that white gold shine :)

Get the CF, make sure the inlay numbers doesn't dissolve in water like mine :)

Must have upgrade: Gen crystal & correct gasket hight
Nice to have upgrade: Gen hands, gen datewheel
Keep forever upgrade: gen inlay and bezel
We’re absolutely talking details and being anal here, for sure, but that’s part of the hobby. CF case is good and definitely was an improvement, a clear notch over Noob.

But yeah I prefer C+ for full anal franken :LOL:

Reactions: Theodorius

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I've had a gen batgirl since 2019, and i've had 3 CFs in my hand over the last month. The case shape in my opinion is spot on. The lugs have the right size, the tips have the right angle, and the whole case has very sharp and defined lines, just like my gen.
Bouncing back on this, because I gor intrigued by your statement given that CF lugs are notoriously fat. Your gen batgirl, is it a 116710 or a 126710 ? Because 116710 models supposedly had maxi cases, and rolex slimmed down the lugs for 126710.

Here for example
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/cf-pepsi-picture-leaks-blro.9969168/post-10049588
you can see that the lugs of the CF case is the maxi case lugs compared to a gen 126710.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Bouncing back on this, because I intrigued from your statement given that for me, it was an old information that CF lugs are notoriously fat. Your gen batgirl, is it a 116710 or a 126710 ? Because 116710 models supposedly had maxi cases, and they slimmes down the lugs for 126710.

Here for example
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/cf-pepsi-picture-leaks-blro.9969168/post-10049588
you can see that the lugs of the CF case is the maxi case lugs compared to a gen 126710.
It’s a 126710. The batgirl was never made in a 116710.

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23

After 10 days I finally received the C+ V2. I love the bezel color. But the platinum finished kinda really bad. It unnoticeable tho’ on wrist, but still bugging me.
Next things to do : put the gen crystal and swap the bezel into CF V2.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden

After 10 days I finally received the C+ V2. I love the bezel color. But the platinum finished kinda really bad. It unnoticeable tho’ on wrist, but still bugging me.
Seems like the SEL are too high like the first CFs in 2021, can you do a side pic ?

Otherwise flawless, the case is superb. The lugs taper mid curve like gen, which make the watch look slimmer than CF

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15

Very nice, specially the bezel lip, if I were you I would just swap the insert of the CF in it, that is what I did, now have to install the DD movement.

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Seems like the SEL are too high like the first CFs in 2021, can you do a side pic ?

Otherwise flawless, the case is superb. The lugs taper mid curve like gen, which make the watch look slimmer than CF
Ah dang! I just had hand it over to my watchsmith for swapping the crystal into gen. I’ll post more pictures here once I get it back.

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Very nice, specially the bezel lip, if I were you I would just swap the insert of the CF in it, that is what I did, now have to install the DD movement.
Yeah Ive bought the V2 insert from Ctime. Waiting for it coming.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20

IMO the insert color looks better than CF V2, the cherry red shown really nice, well at least for me, i like it better than CF V2.

Reactions: JOSswag

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
IMO the insert color looks better than CF V2, the cherry red shown really nice, well at least for me, i like it better than CF V2.
The v2, v2s and xing v5 are all very good color-wise as MkII, MkIII and MkI clones respectively, really a pity that the v2s has that difference in texture. Texture difference reveals a lot, trust me I have a xing v4 and xing v5 and it’s night and day

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
HkNpJP.jpeg

HkNTlS.png

I own gen MK2 in 2019 (too bad i seldom take a wristshot), sold it during covid as I need the money during covid hard time.

My CF V2 (first batch) looks pale and hardly shown the red cherry/pink color. Maybe yours and others member got different batch for CF V2 , which is maybe got a great color, not like mine.

Well i bought v2s from ctime and patiently waiting for it to come. Hope it can satisfied me :)

Reactions: JOSswag

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/5/20
The bracelet on 2nd pic is noob bracelet as in 2019 no oyster pepsi :)