• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The C+ SH3285 V2 vs the CF DD3285 V3 and their inserts comparison and discussion thread

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
hey bro @big_polarbear ! I owned the CF DD3285 with old insert. And Ive bought the V2 insert (only) and newest C+ with v2s insert. I want to do the build or swap parts to make it 1 be perfect. What would you recommend to do? Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what I meantšŸ˜‚

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
hey bro @big_polarbear ! I owned the CF DD3285 with old insert. And Ive bought the V2 insert (only) and newest C+ with v2s insert. I want to do the build or swap parts to make it 1 be perfect. What would you recommend to do? Sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what I meantšŸ˜‚
Imho, Get the DD3285 movement out of your CF and the standalone V2 insert you bought and install both into the C+ watch

Reactions: JOSswag and wubsub

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Imho, Get the DD3285 movement out of your CF and the standalone V2 insert you bought and install both into the C+ watch
forgot to ask. do you think the crystal on C+ V2 is better than CF? thanks!

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23

Update : daylight pictures. Insert colors look great, I like the MK3. but the platinum filling kinda looks dirty. Or just my eyes šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU

Update : daylight pictures. Insert colors look great, I like the MK3. but the platinum filling kinda looks dirty. Or just my eyes šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
I like the colors a lot, don't know how genlike they are, but still. The filling is really bad, especially the triangle; auch. Rest is hard to spot on the wrist. I've ordered clean's, curious to how it will look in the flesh.

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23
Yeah shameful. How they can make an accurate color insert but the platinum filling is poor šŸ„²

Colours look great, platinum fill looks really poor šŸ˜¢
I like the colors a lot, don't know how genlike they are, but still. The filling is really bad, especially the triangle; auch. Rest is hard to spot on the wrist. I've ordered clean's, curious to how it will look in the flesh.

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
Is there anyway to later cut out cleans platinum numbers then weld to c+ insert ?!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So I got my v2 watch today, with the new inlay. Here is what happened after a wash in water and soap. The ā€œplatinumā€ came off :)

I swear, you canā€™t make this shit up

Old v1 vs new v2

• Wow
Reactions: Micolash

FenixW

Horology Curious
20/7/15
Sweden
So I got my v2 watch today, with the new inlay. Here is what happened after a wash in water and soap. The ā€œplatinumā€ came off :)

I swear, you canā€™t make this shit up

Old v1 vs new v2

Oh that sucks if itā€™s not even handling water and soap