• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The C+ SH3285 V2 vs the CF DD3285 V3 and their inserts comparison and discussion thread

JOSswag

Known Member
Certified
17/7/23

just noticed that most C+ insert on the 18 transition with the 9 small line marker are unaligned. Ive compared it with the gen 2023 pepsi photos (left), and I can find that some of the gen watches has that issue, some are well aligned. I have no clue which one is right or wrong here 😂

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
So I've got a C+ with the older insert from @CTime now, and since I don't think that has ever been made, I started to compare it to my CF DD3285 V2 (with V1 insert ofc), and why not sharing the pics after all.

Tl;dr : I like the C+ for pretty much everything EXCEPT the movement and the xtal (yes, C+ xtal is even shittier than CF lol).
> Caseset has a better shape, bezel action is better, hands are better, the bracelet doesn't squeak like a mice ootb (the CF does), and all the details that make the flavor (correct serial font, correct STEELINOX engraving on the clasp)
> What CF does better than C+: movement, xtal
> What they share: rehaut polish is identical, dial is identical, DW seems identical, crown as well

Now, the pics:

First one C+, second one CF:

First one C+, second one CF. The tip of the lugs is more rounded in the C+. It's pointier in the CF:

First one C+, second one CF. The Rolex print. For me they look identical in both.

First one C+, second one CF. Minute hand. The C+ tip is rounded; my CF is a bit bended (!!), it's probably my specimen though.

First one C+, second one CF. Minute hand., another angle, you see the tip probably more clearly:

You know the drill. The second hand this time.

You know the drill. The hour hand. The C+ hour hand seem more 3D than the CF. I prefer the C+:

Another angle, same thing here, C+ first, CF last:

Same thing again, C+ first CF second. The CG sideways shape is better in the C+, you can see that the lines are straight rather than oblique. That's more accurate to gen !

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Is this some kind of a rep-striptease when u hide the inserts with a thong... i mean lens😄

Give us the inserts comparison bud🙂

• Haha
Reactions: Valentz

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Is this some kind of a rep-striptease when u hide the inserts with a thong... i mean lens😄

Give us the inserts comparison bud🙂
They are the same mate, both the V1 ! :p Reason is I got the V2 insert broken in two pieces during transport. Solving that with @CTime. But color wise, it’s veeeery close to xing v5 irl. Much thinner as well

Last edited:
Reactions: CTime

Zoidberg

Supporter
Certified
27/8/20
Germany
Guys , Im confused. So , what is your recommendation for a Pepsi ? Which factory ? Which Movement ?
What I need to take care to place the order with a TD !?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Guys , Im confused. So , what is your recommendation for a Pepsi ? Which factory ? Which Movement ?
What I need to take care to place the order with a TD !?
If you’re not too anal, latest CF. It’s really if you wish to take your 90% genlike watch to 95% that you start swapping parts, frankening etc. And then you will want a CF donor to harvest all the good parts for your C+

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoidberg

Theodorius

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/23
EU
The new C+ is a very impressive. Especially the Oyster Bracelet Quality and details. I had to reduce the size of several Oyster Bracelets on my Gen, VSF, Noop etc.
The C+ was the best near Gen in regard to everything.

Reactions: leo6929

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
The new C+ is a very impressive. Especially the Oyster Bracelet Quality and details. I had to reduce the size of several Oyster Bracelets on my Gen, VSF, Noop etc.

Agreed. The lugs are also better shaped, I did not pick that up in my earlier review, but now I really notice it. Lugs are thinner than CF, maybe 0,5mm thinner, but it changes the overall look and improves the caseshape a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: Theodorius

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
To bounce again on C+. This is the lug profile of CF:

This is the lug profile of C+:

Reactions: Theodorius

Milburn1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
So I've got a C+ with the older insert from @CTime now, and since I don't think that has ever been made, I started to compare it to my CF DD3285 V2 (with V1 insert ofc), and why not sharing the pics after all.

Tl;dr : I like the C+ for pretty much everything EXCEPT the movement and the xtal (yes, C+ xtal is even shittier than CF lol).
> Caseset has a better shape, bezel action is better, hands are better, the bracelet doesn't squeak like a mice ootb (the CF does), and all the details that make the flavor (correct serial font, correct STEELINOX engraving on the clasp)
> What they share: rehaut polish is identical, dial is identical, DW seems identical, crown as well

Now, the pics:

First one C+, second one CF. The tip of the lugs is more rounded in the C+. It's pointier in the CF:

First one C+, second one CF. The Rolex print. For me they look identical in both.

First one C+, second one CF. Minute hand. The C+ tip is rounded; my CF is a bit bended (!!), it's probably my specimen though.

First one C+, second one CF. Minute hand., another angle, you see the tip probably more clearly:

You know the drill. The hour hand. The C+ hour hand seem more 3D than the CF. I prefer the C+:

Same thing again, C+ first CF second. The CG sideways shape is better in the C+, you can see that the lines are straight rather than oblique. That's more accurate to gen !
Do you have a gen for reference when comparing the case shape, lugs, crown guards etc?

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
No offence but how do you know the case shape is better on the c+ then? Has anyone done a comparison thread on here regarding case shapes compared with the gen 126710?
Because we know CF lugs are a bit wider than gen. You can find that here for example, with comparison pics as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/s/PmP7o0uY86

Crown guard shape: we know that gen lines are straight. CF lines are sloped to the side, it was noted last year in the first CF thread here on RWI.

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS

Now, the pics:

Thanks so much for the detailed pics and review. Any chance you can try swapping the movements to see if one movement fits in the other watch’s case and vice versa?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Well i appreciate the C+ review, but i don't agree on the case argument. I've had a gen batgirl since 2019, and i've had 3 CFs in my hand over the last month. The case shape in my opinion is spot on. The lugs have the right size, the tips have the right angle, and the whole case has very sharp and defined lines, just like my gen. I see absolutely no value in getting the C+, just for the case. Only reason would be if the serial really bug you that much.

Hands looks good on both watches, but on this level, the only upgrade would be Gen hands, in regards to getting that white gold shine :)

Get the CF, make sure the inlay numbers doesn't dissolve in water like mine :)

Must have upgrade: Gen crystal & correct gasket hight
Nice to have upgrade: Gen hands, gen datewheel
Keep forever upgrade: gen inlay and bezel

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Thanks so much for the detailed pics and review. Any chance you can try swapping the movements to see if one movement fits in the other watch’s case and vice versa?
That’s what I’ll attempt: next step is the frankenization. But I asked I think dogwpod recently and he said that they are a direct swap if that helps :)